The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SUPER GT CUP. California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We have already 2 rounds in the books!
Willow springs was a huge success for rd1.
Many many beautiful cars joined us.

Lots of PBs and fast laps.

Rd2 was a little slower cause Laguna Seca 90db was a big sound limitation.
We are coming back BIG with many registrations already
On MAY 9 at BUTTONWILLOW for rd3
If you want to go faster, be pre grid by time, avoid traffic amd learn from fast drivers. Supergt cup is what you want!

Registration is open here

BE SURE YOU COMPLETE THE CALCULATOR AND read the rules
Ongridtrack.com/supergtcup

IMG_20210226_131941_551.jpg

Alex,

smoking fast time there on street tires! How did BJ like the balance of your setup?
Ops i missed this :) sorry. He really liked it. Said the car is really balanced. Had some ABS issue but i think was more related to dct70 overwhelming the 200tw tires.
Maybe couple of clicks if compression for the bumpy t8.

sfo
Ops i missed this :) sorry. Had some ABS issue but i think was more related to dct70 overwhelming the 200tw tires.
Brakes are poor IMO. I'm having issues I must drive around. ABS triggers too easy even with hoosiers. I'm constantly trying to re-engineer this car and I'm tired of it. Look at how smart FORD is making radical angles of seaybar end to lower control arm attachment point. These are Ford Performance bars. I hope no one buys them. They cannot br made to fit without binding.

20210423_122613.jpg

20210423_121110.jpg

TX
Brakes are poor IMO. I'm having issues I must drive around. ABS triggers too easy even with hoosiers. I'm constantly trying to re-engineer this car and I'm tired of it. Look at how smart FORD is making radical angles of seaybar end to lower control arm attachment point. These are Ford Performance bars. I hope no one buys them. They cannot br made to fit without binding.

View attachment 64635

View attachment 64636
That's weird. I have the FP bars and they fit great. Are you sure that's not upside down, Bob? Which bar is it?

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
That's weird. I have the FP bars and they fit great. Are you sure that's not upside down, Bob? Which bar is it?
Just went out and looked at mine too. I've got the FRPP bar and it seems just fine with my stock endlinks. The middle of the bar by the diff case points downwards, if that helps with the orientation.

sfo
Just went out and looked at mine too. I've got the FRPP bar and it seems just fine with my stock endlinks. The middle of the bar by the diff case points downwards, if that helps with the orientation.

Nope bar is right. Cannot be put in upside-down because it will hit spare tire well. You see I'm late to game or Ford gave me wrong bar. End angles are nothing like stock bars. Angle about 135 degrees.

Original M5490E bars in track package is superceded by M5490G. It uses rear bar CM5A772AA tagged on the bad bar.

I have to use FP bars or stock bars in my race class. Everything about this car is a kludge as evidenced by our own Flyhalf spending countless development hours to make the car work and 3 trannys later.

I haven't even tried to make the car fast yet. It may not be possible.

Bad bar middle points down as stated above.

20210423_165050.jpg

Well 2 days to round3
35 drivers!
35!!
More than ALL the GTA people for the finals at buttonwillow :)
Great great competition.
Gt4. Vipers. Racecars. And bunch of "normal people "
Will be hot. But very interesting

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Here’s the Buttonwillow final results for anyone that’s following along. Congrats @flyhalf on another P1 finish in Mod, and for coordinating an awesome event!

Strong TMO attendance with @PaddyPrix , @Ewheels and @Narek Nikoghosyan that I know of. Looking forward to a rematch for the Street title in December - missing P1 by less than 2 hundredths stings!!
9F902BA0-7901-4F96-88C4-71564ADCAD4B.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel