The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SUPER GT CUP. California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all
After a great exhibition round in Buttonwillow on 12-6
I'm proud to announce the
SUPER GT CUP 2021 season
( https://www.ongridtrack.com/supergtcup )

Super GT Cup is a dedicated american cars time trials series.
Mainly mustang camaro corvette Viper with the pleasure of great other cars like Ford GT.
4 classes
Street
Mod
Supermod
Race

The rules and the Class Calculator where tested in exhibition round. I'm happy to say it worked pretty well in all classes. Especially street and Mod where the top 3 were whitin 1.5sec.

On top of the "racing" activities
We want to create a strong united community where the development of the single drivers is one of the priority together of course with safety.
Pregridding correctly allow to follow a slighter faster driver.
Also driving always with the same people creates a safer environment.

Round 1 is at willow springs ,Jan 17.
If you want to learn from fast drivers, have fun and spend not a tons of money (150$ including trasponder) please consider to join us.
Please remember time trials are still based on 15-20 min session (hpde style) .so even if you won't winning ,you will still have tons of time om track!
Really hope to see you there!
Alessandro

received_381614993051250.jpeg

received_209278414009651.jpeg

IMG_20201207_120736_516.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Excited to try this out! Couldn’t make the exhibition round because of prior commitments at Auto Club Speedway - thinking it would be one of the last chances to run there. Speed Ventures just added 7 more 2021 ACS events today, for a total of 8.

Quick question - rules say the rear seat can be removed in Street only for a roll bar. Do the rules require for rear seat delete kit to give the interior a more finished look, or can I leave it open with just the roll bar?

Excited to try this out! Couldn’t make the exhibition round because of prior commitments at Auto Club Speedway - thinking it would be one of the last chances to run there. Speed Ventures just added 7 more 2021 ACS events today, for a total of 8.

Quick question - rules say the rear seat can be removed in Street only for a roll bar. Do the rules require for rear seat delete kit to give the interior a more finished look, or can I leave it open with just the roll bar?

Safety is priority. So if rollbar is in you can leave it open. However a rear seat delete kit would be preferred :) i got one from LMR which is only..tissue-carpet pre shaped.
Looks way nicer

This looks super rad.

Since I'm mostly just interested in track time right now (but also being surrounded by cool american cars), how many sessions do you target per run group?
Exhibition we did 4 sessions of 20mins. (Like a standard hpde)
My idea is to do
4 session 15min (time trials in theory don't really need more than 4 laps)
+
1 session 20min for fun no timing
So total 5

We will see :)

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Safety is priority. So if rollbar is in you can leave it open. However a rear seat delete kit would be preferred :) i got one from LMR which is only..tissue-carpet pre shaped.
Looks way nicer

Plus the weight of that LMR kit is only about 2-3 lbs! Gotta like that! 🍻

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
The sparco bracket was heavy

I was surprised by the bracket weight as well. I guess it’s down about as low as you can go, but still heavy.

Safety is priority. So if rollbar is in you can leave it open. However a rear seat delete kit would be preferred
Got it, that’s what I was hoping. The rear bars on the roll bar would have to be removed to install the seat delete panel and was hoping to not have to rework that right now. I’ll probably tackle it early next year though because I agree it looks better, and I’ve been considering it to knock down the gear noise coming from the diff. Just don’t think I’ll have it done by Big Willow.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
No way in hell I'll make sound at Laguna, do they measure at Sonoma? I've got Thunderhill on the map for the upcoming year, should be an awfully long drive up and back, hopefully that 7th place trophy doesn't weigh my car down too badly.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
No way in hell I'll make sound at Laguna, do they measure at Sonoma? I've got Thunderhill on the map for the upcoming year, should be an awfully long drive up and back, hopefully that 7th place trophy doesn't weigh my car down too badly.

You don’t make sound at Laguna when you’re driving at Buttonwillow!!

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
10days from rd1. Willow springs.
The pressure is increasing. We slighlty change the calculator about 25 days ago adapting and making it even better.
Unfortunately for me
The calvulator is not allowing me to use 3R if i want to stay in Mod. So just got Yokos
I really hope they will work well.
Yearly compression test came back strong at 245psi all around (like last year)
Monday
Changing calipers,putting new brake fluid. New pads (dct70), new hubs with longer studs to accomodate 28mm spacers.(vs 25mm. more for NASA events where i run A7 and they rub the subframe. )
Flushing diff fluid with OEM one+motorkote
Also installed the metal Trans pan

Last I'm really tryimg to communicate with PBD to work on tuning the shifting for my 10speed.

Really hope to see you all there :)

IMG-20210105-WA0045.jpeg

Resized_20210105_140350(1).jpeg

IMG_0897.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors