The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SUPER GT CUP. California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
10days from rd1. Willow springs.
The pressure is increasing. We slighlty change the calculator about 25 days ago adapting and making it even better.
Unfortunately for me
The calvulator is not allowing me to use 3R if i want to stay in Mod. So just got Yokos
I really hope they will work well.
Yearly compression test came back strong at 245psi all around (like last year)
Monday
Changing calipers,putting new brake fluid. New pads (dct70), new hubs with longer studs to accomodate 28mm spacers.(vs 25mm. more for NASA events where i run A7 and they rub the subframe. )
Flushing diff fluid with OEM one+motorkote
Also installed the metal Trans pan

Last I'm really tryimg to communicate with PBD to work on tuning the shifting for my 10speed.

Really hope to see you all there :)

View attachment 60975

View attachment 60976

View attachment 60977

I really wish you would run the 3R’s and bump up to Super Modified - for selfish reasons 😂. I’m on the opposite end of the Modified spectrum - needed 295 square set of SuperCar 3’s to barely make Street, but they’re not available right now and didn’t feel like settling on an alternative tire. So, I’ll run the 3R’s and maybe be mid-pack in Modified for now. Maybe more prestigious than running mid-pack in Street??!!🤣

What was up with your old ones?
Well 2 years of abuse... And those are reds :D
I keep the others as spare
I really wish you would run the 3R’s and bump up to Super Modified - for selfish reasons 😂. I’m on the opposite end of the Modified spectrum - needed 295 square set of SuperCar 3’s to barely make Street, but they’re not available right now and didn’t feel like settling on an alternative tire. So, I’ll run the 3R’s and maybe be mid-pack in Modified for now. Maybe more prestigious than running mid-pack in Street??!!🤣
Was thinking but the car is not competitive for a supermod. So we will see. How if goes with yoko

Ill prob do one or two of these for fun to meet some of you dudes. It won’t be for the competition though as it doesn’t seem as if there’s some sort of points handicap for low power cars unless I missed it?

Ill prob do one or two of these for fun to meet some of you dudes. It won’t be for the competition though as it doesn’t seem as if there’s some sort of points handicap for low power cars unless I missed it?
There is.
4 classes.
Every chassis has different points
Go on
Ongridtrack.com/supergtcup

Fill the calculator with your chassis and mods and see what class you will be.
If is basic you probably be in street class (
Street mod supermod race are the classes)
To be honest. We are creating this for building a community but most important grow as drivers. You are more than welcome to join us.
Alex

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Yesterday I stuffed 8 tires into my clown car and magically turned them into 4.

145331708_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsan1-1.fna.fbcdn.jpg

Today, I should be getting in some short notice rear brakes in from KNS (thanks Coby!) since I burned my last set down to the clips at ACS, and found what I believe to be 0.5" Titanium Shims in my McPile O' Stuff (tm), then putting a new Mobil 1 and Motul in the front side.

what a great day.
Probably one of my best day at the track ever.
And I had the privilege and the honor to have Billy Johnson driving my car.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER I LET SOMEONE in the driver seat. Thank you so much Billy for all your feedback and advice.

3 classes with MUSTANG winners1f642.png (street mod , race)
8 people sub 30
18 sub 1.33

At WILLOW SPRINGS.
This year competition got to the next level.
For the first time my APEX PRO was off by 8 tents. (He gave me 1:26.2)

1.27.003 is my official time with 200tw tires ( yoko A052)
NOTE. 3R Are faster than YOKOs.
But Yokos are ready in half lap with 40f out. 3R take 2-3 laps. Yokos gained 16 psi (27-43psi) so they warm up faster so plan cold psi accordingly.
Definetely a low 26 possible. Why?

This was achieved in session 1 of the day.that was my 5th session overall at WSIR After 2 years without going. (Thanks Assetto corsa!)Sess 2 everyone went 1sec slower and I did the exact same time. I flat out on turn 8!All this showed me i can go faster.And
BILLY JOHNSON showed me i can brake harder1f606.png
Met many great people. Also met many "virtual" friends. Was just a great day.
Have a nice week. Ale
1611078104405.png

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
what a great day.
Probably one of my best day at the track ever.
And I had the privilege and the honor to have Billy Johnson driving my car.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER I LET SOMEONE in the driver seat. Thank you so much Billy for all your feedback and advice.

3 classes with MUSTANG winnersView attachment 61356 (street mod , race)
8 people sub 30
18 sub 1.33

At WILLOW SPRINGS.
This year competition got to the next level.
For the first time my APEX PRO was off by 8 tents. (He gave me 1:26.2)

1.27.003 is my official time with 200tw tires ( yoko A052)
NOTE. 3R Are faster than YOKOs.
But Yokos are ready in half lap with 40f out. 3R take 2-3 laps. Yokos gained 16 psi (27-43psi) so they warm up faster so plan cold psi accordingly.
Definetely a low 26 possible. Why?

This was achieved in session 1 of the day.that was my 5th session overall at WSIR After 2 years without going. (Thanks Assetto corsa!)Sess 2 everyone went 1sec slower and I did the exact same time. I flat out on turn 8!All this showed me i can go faster.And
BILLY JOHNSON showed me i can brake harderView attachment 61357
Met many great people. Also met many "virtual" friends. Was just a great day.
Have a nice week. Ale
View attachment 61355

Fantastic event @flyhalf!! After experiencing the final breaths of the dying American Muscle Cup series, it was very encouraging to see what a proper event can look like with renewed energy and hard work. Hats off to you, Kevin, Omar and the OnGrid team for making this a reality.

For me personally, being extremely competitive by nature, I didn’t have the best day performance wise. I ran a 1:30 in December on the exact same setup, and could only muster up a 1:32 on Sunday. As @PaddyPrix mentioned, time attack is very strategic. From my starting position mid pack of the A group and running the Goodyear 3R’s, about the time my tires were coming into the sweet spot, I would come up on front runners that had finished their flyer and were cooling down in the worst possible spots. Nearly impossible to catch a clean lap, but that is the learning opportunity. I’ll take some pride in having the fastest stick axle car on grid, but still frustrated because the car was capable of 3rd place in Modified that day and it wasn’t to be. Days like this that make us stronger, and I’m thrilled to see the driver turnout and strong enthusiasm from the promoters that will have us looking forward to each event all year long!!

TMO Supporting Vendors