The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Supercharger for the Boss 302

What supercharger to use on the boss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The kit simply doesn't supply everything you need. Fuel system upgrade, heat exchangers in those kits are way too small you'll have to drive like an old lady to keep it cool. etc etc. Figure at least double what the kit costs to get the car as reliable as it is stock.

908ssp said:
I am sorry but anybody who say converting to SC is cheaper hasn't done it. The gear ratios of the Mt82 are all wrong and the input shaft is too weak to handle SC torque. Either leave your Boss alone or sell it.

Funny the 2011 GT350 I got a ride in at Sears Pt didn't seem too wrong on the gear ratio's and somehow the MT82 didn't miss a beat, despite the car having been tuned beyond the 624 HP stock rating. ???

Hey this is not supposed to turn into a biznitch session ??? Opinions are a good thing may help keep me from over looking something. My opinion being that I have seen a ton of 5.0 stock cars kicking but will being damn near engine raped I would guess the Boss can handle it and just say it does not well it would not be the first car ive taken apart and wont be the last. As said in past posts I have looked at gt500s and the price is just not there unless I go with a used one a few years older then the boss and even then I dont know too many dealerships that like to deal with something worth more unless they bend you over Id rather drop some cash into making the Boss become a BOSS :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel