The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Superfest 2013 @ VIR: Roll Call - 25 BOSS 302's Signed Up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Superfest 2013 @ VIR: Roll Call - 18 BOSS 302's Signed Up!

Ford Racing will be there with a 2012 Boss 302S as well as a "slightly" modified street Boss 302.

Can't wait to put some faces with screen names!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

I'm jealous but at the same time I'll be at the Monaco Grand Prix with the Boss on the French Riviera. It's going to be an 8 hour drive from Germany through Austria, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, and finally France :) We are breaking it down to 4 hours a day and staying the night in Switzerland on the way there and the way back. At $7 a gallon it's not going to be cheap since each fill up is about $100 bucks...not to mention all of the tolls but how could you not do it? Once in a lifetime chance to go so I couldn't pass it up and I have to show the Euro trash (no offense intended) what this American sport's car can do. I am debating on going down with the stock wheels with the Pirelli's or just saying screw it and going with my track Enkei PF01's with R Comps :) The Enkei's look so much better and are so much lighter...hope it doesn't rain :)

I'm interested to hear everyone's reviews of the track afterwards.. I'm going to VIR for an open track event in October with Chin Motorsports club.. it will be my fourth track event of the year! Fifth one will be road atlanta (round 2). GOod luck and have fun!

Flyboygsxr said:
I'm jealous but at the same time I'll be at the Monaco Grand Prix with the Boss on the French Riviera. It's going to be an 8 hour drive from Germany through Austria, Lichtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, and finally France :) We are breaking it down to 4 hours a day and staying the night in Switzerland on the way there and the way back. At $7 a gallon it's not going to be cheap since each fill up is about $100 bucks...not to mention all of the tolls but how could you not do it? Once in a lifetime chance to go so I couldn't pass it up and I have to show the Euro trash (no offense intended) what this American sport's car can do. I am debating on going down with the stock wheels with the Pirelli's or just saying screw it and going with my track Enkei PF01's with R Comps :) The Enkei's look so much better and are so much lighter...hope it doesn't rain :)

Jealous.....and you will be a the Grand Prix? Who are you kidding! I'm a huge F1 fan, rare in South Alabama but that's my passion. Already have tickets and a house rented for the US Grand Prix in Austin this November. Last year to hear those 19,000 rev V8's. Are your Enkei's 18's?
Jealous

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Yeah, I'm syked for the race and the drive. Yes, those are Enkei 18x10.5 rears and 18x9.5 fronts on 295 and 275's. I am going to put the stock wheels back on for the drive. The Toyo's are horrible in the wet and too loud for such a long drive. Plus, I can use the extra inch of ground clearance because the car is slammed with the Enkei's. I'll post some videos from the race and drive when I get back. Still have to figure out how to post pictures

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Getting ready for one hell of a weekend! I took the Boss out to Lime Rock Park this past Friday/Saturday to shake down the new suspension components and start to test out the new RST-2 pads. Both surprised the hell out of me. The new LCA's with poly bushings and the P springs make so much of a difference, even with the stock LS dampers still in place. I knew it would be better but I didn't think it would be this much with the same dampers in place.

Also, no CEL's and NO limp mode. I ran it up to 7500 RPM on every pass on the straight (did not let rev limiter kick in). That makes 4 or 5 track days since the wiring harness/crank sensor/relearn was done. Hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down this coming weekend ! ::)

Looks like we are going to have a Boss section for those of you that want to park together. Take a look at the map here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModularBoss/

Man, I am jealous and would love to attend this event but not in the cards this year. Just got back from seeing the Australian V8 Supercars in Austin. Fantastic time and some great racing, even if the Holden's are beating the Fords right now....You guys have safe and cannot wait to see the pics.

What a weekend!! I believe there was a total of 30 Bosses in attendance with a good mix of 12's, 13's and even 7 Boss 302S's! It was great to put names to faces and I appreciate the feedback (both positive and negative) that everyone shared with us. The Bosses were very well represented on track with a number of very fast street and track Bosses. It was awesome to see so many Bosses being used in the way they were intended.

I received a number of requests for the parts list of what we had on the red 12 Boss that we were giving rides in so I'll try to compile it this week and post it online. Hopefully everyone was able to get a ride in it because it was definitely one of the fastest cars on the track this weekend and we used readily available parts mostly from the Ford Racing catalog.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks Mark, you are right it was an awesome event and thanks for talking with us about the cars and parts. The Capaldi and Rehagen guys were great too and it was a blast to be out on track with some of Ford Racing's best hot shoes.

Sadly on a personal note I had a real bad end to my weekend 5 miles from home. A driver of a SUV clipped the left corner and fender of my trailer sending it, my truck and my car spinning and crashing along the center Jersey barrier. No injuries but the truck is severely damaged, the trailer totaled and my car cut the rear tie downs and was pivoted off the side of the trailer bed. All lower body cladding was destroyed, the right rear wheel and brake assembly broken and damage to both quarter panels and doors. The hood, roof, and deck lids did fine as did the front end and engine.

I will be meeting the insurance guys to see what can be done to help get me back on the road tomorrow. With the time and money I have in the car I can't bear to let it go without a fight. Maybe there is a 302R/S body in white out there?

Anyway as I said to Tony Sorrentino yesterday afternoon, the Superfest is more than a track day, its the best supported, best run grassroots road race HPDE event on the East Coast, 30 Boss Mustangs and countless other great Ford track cars blasting around VIR just can't be beat.
VIRBanquet_zps6cac87ea.jpg

I will be there next year without a doubt.
Steve

Sounds like the weekend was a blast...I will be there next year (weddings be damned!)

Steve: I'm sorry to hear what happened. Let me know if you need any help getting it back togethe.r I'd be happy to head over your way for a day or 2 here or there to help out. Take a look on Racingjunk.com. There are 2 fully caged, lightened and seem welded body in whites for sale.

I'm happy to hear that no one was injured and don;t hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Sean

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
KBBOSS1086 said:
Sounds like the weekend was a blast...I will be there next year (weddings be damned!)

Steve: I'm sorry to hear what happened. Let me know if you need any help getting it back togethe.r I'd be happy to head over your way for a day or 2 here or there to help out. Take a look on Racingjunk.com. There are 2 fully caged, lightened and seem welded body in whites for sale.

I'm happy to hear that no one was injured and don;t hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Sean

Thanks Sean, many friends from BMO and in my life have already pledged their help and services.
I went to see the car in the storage lot and in the light of day it's really not bad. Worst is the left rear wheel arch and quarter panel that the guy hit when he drove up the back side of the trailer. That is how I think the tie downs snapped and pushed the car off the side. Splitter and nose is also junk,hit the wheel stop frame at the font of the trailer deck. Really not bad so I am looking on the bright side again.
Steve

Steve,

OMG! I'm really sorry to hear what happened but am so glad to hear that you were ok. We always tell people that every part of the car can be replaced except for the nut behind the wheel ;)

On the bright side it sounds like it's time for some upgrades.......

P.S. - We do have 302S BIW's available if you need one!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13489

steveespo said:
Thanks Sean, many friends from BMO and in my life have already pledged their help and services.
I went to see the car in the storage lot and in the light of day it's really not bad. Worst is the left rear wheel arch and quarter panel that the guy hit when he drove up the back side of the trailer. That is how I think the tie downs snapped and pushed the car off the side. Splitter and nose is also junk,hit the wheel stop frame at the font of the trailer deck. Really not bad so I am looking on the bright side again.
Steve
That's good news. Good luck with your insurance adjuster tomorrow.

I had a great time this past weekend. I was able to get on a road course for the first time in the hyperdrive. This will definitely be a yearly thing for me. I really enjoyed talking with some of u and also seeing all the amazing Boss's out there.
Steve - I'm so sorry to hear abt the accident. It was really a pleasure for me to be able to check ur car out up close at the banquet. I hope everything works out.ydyqyny3.jpg

Glad to see you are hooked Heidi! Can't wait to see what you think of Track Attack!

P.S. - Andy said you were a natural!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
It was truly a great event at a fantastic track with some very fast cars, many true all out race cars plus Ford's 'street Boss 302' that would eat up a GT3RS for lunch. ITtwas a blast to see first hand what a driver like Andy can do with a car like that - Mark thanks for heads up on that - I may need to look into those dampers ;-) I had a great student also who made fantastic strides in the 3 days we were there. Also made some very good friends that I have a feeling may stick for quite a while, really great people. Steve and I had a blast together too (aside from the challenges that he experienced going home, I'll refrain from adding to that nightmare. All in all he's safe and he'll be back very soon). I went out for a couple of rides with him and he was really tearing it up.

For those that haven't heard I had a bit of a run in myself. The new suspension and new RST-2 pads were working so well I was able to really toss the car around for the first time without losing grip. It also allowed me to really turn up the speed through transitions in the esses. That said, eventually a simple 2-off occurred, but at about 115 - 120 MPH and being raked over the gators I lost some parts on the way up through the esses. VIR has some ditches in some precarious spots. Lost all coolant and oil but thankfully the leaks were slow enough to get me back to the paddock without overheating. I was actually giving a Hyoerdrive to my students wife at the time. This could have ended up much worse than it did, and with a non-driver in the car. In a subsequent run a very experienced driver in a Z06 literally went airborne after hitting 150+ on the back straight. After all of this plus Steve's misfortune I've decided I need to take the plunge and get a rollcage. I'm probably going to strip her down and make it the true track car that it really already is.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel