The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension Failure....You guys should see this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Jimmy Pribble said:
Ouch! Steeda using "Brand X" in their marketing. As somebody once told me, never ever put yourself in the position of being "Exhibit A." :eek:

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2013/07/not-all-control-arms-are-created-equal/
truth hurts. I tend to go with you get what you pay for modo and do research on the things you buy before not after the sale.

I will say at the surprising amount of flaws in their Uca I will steer clear of most of their products. Nothing worse then wondering if a part on your car is up to snuff and for me a whiteline part would leave me feeling that way.

Brandon302 said:
Though Steeda does make a good product it just seems pretty unprofessional how they call other companies out. It is nice to know they make a good control arm but not every one of their products is like that.

It's all just part of the marketing. Steeda makes a nice arm, no doubt about it. They haven't had the bushing failures that BRM has and they have more than proven durability on their track cars.

That said, I received an email from Whiteline today saying that they should be done with endurance testing their new arm in a week or two and shipping them out to people shortly after that. All the drama notwithstanding, I am curious to see what the new arm looks like and will post photos once I get it.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Ouch! Steeda using "Brand X" in their marketing. As somebody once told me, never ever put yourself in the position of being "Exhibit A." :eek:

Best to go fishing when the fish are biting...or maybe it's when the sharks are circling?

control-arms-side-by-side-large.jpg

steeda-vs-brand-x-thickness1.jpg

Brandon302 said:
Though Steeda does make a good product it just seems pretty unprofessional how they call other companies out. It is nice to know they make a good control arm but not every one of their products is like that.

I agree, very unprofessional. I guess Whiteline is taking marketshare. Too bad Steeda did this, lost me as a supporter. Being a businessman my employees #1, ok maybe #3 Rule in never bash the competition. Talk about your products or services and what makes you special. Steeda just told everyone who bought a Whiteline product they made a mistake. What if I had products from both companies? Did I make a mistake buying Steeda?? Enough said, gets under my skin. Have a great evening everyone:)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Now, I am not making excuses for whiteline, but my steeda UCA is toast. The polyurethane bushing is destroyed after 30k miles. I think their attack of whiteline is tasteless and pointless. Who are they trying to convince anyhow?

GA
I've already decided that I will not be doing any suspension mods until I can afford to do it right. The Brembo GT suspension is adequate for a daily driver/occasional track day car.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
PJWANNABE said:
I've already decided that I will not be doing any suspension mods until I can afford to do it right. The Brembo GT suspension is adequate for a daily driver/occasional track day car.

There's a lot of truth in there, but I stopped believing it a while ago! :eek:

I bought Whiteline rear LCA brackets for the GT after the UCA issue came to light. No other bracket would let me use the stock arms.

That bit from Steeda doesn't bother me *that* much. But I expect a little of that from anybody trying to sell me something. Some of the other vendors at SVTP made a feeding frenzy of it...sales and such and lots of open bashing. I'd still buy from Steeda when the product and price are right. I did notice how the SLA boss comp front LCAs were on sale a while ago for $359 with a 'compare at $449' price. Next time I looked it was 'on sale' at $449 with a 'compare at $494'...wtf is up with that? ::) Just makes me feel like I must have missed the original price at $294 :p

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
My next UCA is going to be no UCA :)

I am going to rock a torque arm...possibly of my own design, since I can't find one that suits my needs right now.

RoushF150 said:
I agree, very unprofessional. I guess Whiteline is taking marketshare. Too bad Steeda did this, lost me as a supporter. Being a businessman my employees #1, ok maybe #3 Rule in never bash the competition. Talk about your products or services and what makes you special. Steeda just told everyone who bought a Whiteline product they made a mistake. What if I had products from both companies? Did I make a mistake buying Steeda?? Enough said, gets under my skin. Have a great evening everyone:)

Very well put. Thanks

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Oh my you guys are very sensitive steeda hasn't done anything they haven't been doing for years...and they just now lost you as a supporter...give me a break

Anyone using the Roush Performance UCA. I've been considering this for awhile after reading about all the broken brackets and bushing failures. It appears Roush went with an OEM design style. OEM on left, Roush on Right. Its pricey, but I'm not one to take chances. I experienced bushing failure first hand on my 85GT UCAs.

IMAG0033_zps8cdaa836.png

Jimmy Pribble said:

Look at the other side of the coin, Steeda is telling everyone that has one of those arms that they should be looking at replacing it before it fails and causes someone serious injury. Yes I am sure it is a marketing ploy, but not everyone reads these forums to find out about failures like this. Wouldn't you want to know that you had purchased a sub standard part and need to replace it for your own safety?

NewBossowner said:
Look at the other side of the coin, Steeda is telling everyone that has one of those arms that they should be looking at replacing it before it fails and causes someone serious injury. Yes I am sure it is a marketing ploy, but not everyone reads these forums to find out about failures like this. Wouldn't you want to know that you had purchased a sub standard part and need to replace it for your own safety?
That is true, it is nice that Steeda brought it to light, however they always seem to have an ulterior motive when posting up on TMS. They could have said, "Hey just would like to let everyone know, because we have your best interest at heart, that there have been some failures in UCA's of *said brand* and you should check your UCA if you have *said brand*." Instead they take a holier then thou stand that their products are superior and that is when it becomes more a marketing ploy then anything else.

TMO Supporting Vendors