The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension setting 5 all the time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I adjusted all 4 corners to setting 5 a few weeks ago and while it's a little rougher ride, I love it. Is there anything bad/stress to the suspension that will come from this if I leave it this way? I DD my Boss, main reason why I'm asking.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
TMSBOSS said:
I keep mine at 5 unless on track, then I drop the rear to 4.

No worriers about durability.

great question, wondered the same myself as I haven't reset the dampers since my July track day, thanks for the answer.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
To answer your question, No you will not harm or damage anything leaving your strut/shock settings at 5. However, this is the maximum and it is not optimal for the best handling characteristics for your Boss.

The rear springs are softer and the max setting may over dampen the rear springs. I woul d recommend the rear shocks at 1 or 2 clicks less that the front strut settings as it will keep better rear tire contact especially when going thru bumpy turns.

Try changing the rears to a 3 and adjust from there.

Good luck,
302 Hi Pro

Glad this was asked had same questions haven't changed mine yet but wondered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I ran mine at 3F 3R street and then move the fronts only to 5 on track. I left the rears a bit softer to try and get more bite on corner exit.

TMO Supporting Vendors