The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension Upgrades - Any place in LA/OC to get LCA Brackets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK, I took the plunge and ordered the following:

Springs: M-5300-P
Jounce Bumpers: M-5570-A
Adjustable Panhard Bar: M-4264-A
Rear LCA relocation brkts: M-5650-A
Rear Lower Control Arms: M-5649-R1
Dampers: M-18000-C

Everything arrived last week except for the LCA relocation brkts. These won't show up until Thursday which is cutting it real close for our track days this weekend at Willow. I am looking at contingencies and wanted to see if anyone knows where I can get them locally in the Orange County / Los Angeles area. Just got the MGW shifter installed so I am really excited to get out there with the new suspension as well. ;D

Sesshomurai

If you can't find the relo brackets or get them on in time, you can get by fine without them on the track. The 1" spring drop won't disrupt the rear LCA's too much.

darreng505 said:
If you can't find the relo brackets or get them on in time, you can get by fine without them on the track. The 1" spring drop won't disrupt the rear LCA's too much.

OK, I was wondering how big of an effect it would have and if it was worth it to go ahead and put everything else on it anyway. Sounds like I should get everything installed anyway. Considering it is a solid axel, I assume there are no alignment changes necessary in the rear if I was to install them later?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Teamsketch said:
ArizonaGT said:
www.fordracingpartsdirect.com sells somewhere out of cali

Thanks, I will check them out.

Looks like an hour north of LA:

Ford Racing Parts Direct.com
A Subsidiary of
Autocars/Speedshop Direct
3212 El Camino Real Atascadero, CA 93422

Teamsketch said:
darreng505 said:

OK, I was wondering how big of an effect it would have and if it was worth it to go ahead and put everything else on it anyway. Sounds like I should get everything installed anyway. Considering it is a solid axel, I assume there are no alignment changes necessary in the rear if I was to install them later?
I agree that you'll be fine without them for a track day. They are recommended but I don't think it's the end of the world. They are easy to install after all of your other parts are installed.

So I ran out of time to get the LCA Relocation brackets put in before the weekend but the car still performed well. I'm really happy with both the street and track ride. On the street I really like the feel of the firmer springs with a little less damping. On the track, brake dive was reduced and in general there was less movement in transitions. As others have said, why this wasn't the setup from the factory is completely beyond me.

However happy I am with the setup, I definitely think there is room for improvement. There is still a lot of play in the suspension and I feel the car can be difficult to place. I am getting more used to anticipating what it is going to do, but it is still a little bit of a guessing game during transitions as to exactly where it will take a set.

Anyway, I think someone mentioned that there may be some front LCA's coming out soon with hopefully some stiffer bushings. I think this could go a long way to making a really good track car almost perfect.

TMO Supporting Vendors