The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suspension upgrades.....opinions, suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
I live a couple hours from Steeda and an hour from DaSilva Racing so I had a chat with the owner of Steeda about my intentions for the car and this is what he put together for me. Could I get your thoughts?

555-5716 Steel Strut Tower Brace.

555-8405 Pro Action' Shock & Strut Kit.

555-6019 Brake Cooling Kit.

555-4405 Billet Rear Trailing Arms (Logo Set)

555-8120 Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts (Pair.

555-4105 Adjustable Street Upper Control Arm.

555-1051 Race Swaybar Endlinks (Race).

sta-align-2 2 Wheel Alignment.

555-1064 Ultimate Swaybar Kit (Includes Bill.

555-8106 Bumpsteer Kit (Blue).

I will be talking to Joe and Matt at DaSilva to get their suggestions to comapare

I'm not sure the strut tower brace is needed and do some research on the upper strut mounts. Are they needed for the strut kit? Think about getting camber plates if you're going to track your Boss.

isrboss

I would suggest shopping around, before pulling the trigger on that Steeda order. I was looking to camber plates as well, but after reading I am going with the GT500 upper mounts and slotting the strut to spindle mount. Plus the GT500 upper mounts will keep the noise down to a daily drive tolerance. I have been amazed at the quality and attitudes of some of the vendors. It is like WE owe them something, and my shopping experience so far with my Boss has not been enjoyable. Shop around and listen to what members have experienced, and that will be more helpful then reading the companies marketing info or letting them mod your car for you.

Good luck with the modding, and I hope you have better shopping experiences than I have had.

isrboss said:
I have been amazed at the quality and attitudes of some of the vendors. It is like WE owe them something, and my shopping experience so far with my Boss has not been enjoyable. Shop around and listen to what members have experienced, and that will be more helpful then reading the companies marketing info or letting them mod your car for you.

This reply is not directed at Steeda in any way - I agree with you on some vendors. However like you said if you read this forum you will see why many of us put Ford Racing Parts on our cars, we get above and beyond personal service added to the fact the parts are race tested. I personally have had great service from a number of other vendors like LPI Racing, CJ Pony, American Muscle, Promotorstripes and Tousley Ford just to name a few.

I have listened to many people on the forum and used their recommendations, so far I am 100% in the good category.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
There's wisdom in not taking advice from the same person who is also trying to sell you something...

Also nothing against Steeda...but there's three parts on that list I wouldn't buy:

STB...what improvement is it over stock...and will it even clear the Boss intake?
Shocks and struts - not adjustable...pass.
Brake cooling ducts - they're two-piece at the spindle/rotor side and don't come with new open inlets.

I've been on the fence about the HD mounts myself. I'd really like the caster adjustment too.

SVO WOODY

Canada
Exactly why I posted here, to get opinions from those more experienced. MM caster camber plates have been recommended by a few but I have no experience in adjusting

My experience with Steeda has been excellent. I have their full serialized suspension for my Boss LS. I don't believe they're the type to over-sell beyond your desired at least if you work with Matt L. Also they do aircraft quality work if you do the installations at their location.

Can't comment on Steeda U.S. but Steeda Canada has been tremendously helpfull, info, tips, suggestions, great guys. I couldn't ask for more helpfull people.

SVO WOODY

Canada
So I'm going with: Koni Single Adj.
MM Caster Camber
MM Bumpsteer
BMR LCA
BMR Relocation Brackets
Eibach Swaybars

car already had Eibach Pro Kit and Pan Hard Bar

TMO Supporting Vendors