The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SVE Drift 18X10 +43: The perfect track wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I plan to order a set in 19x9.5 all around and use my stock tires (lots of life left). Anybody see a problem with clearances or going to a front 9.5 vs. stock 9.0 width ?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
No, you don't "have to". You will get the idiot light though. If you don't want that, get one of my canisters from eBay and a spare set of tpms to put in it and you are free to run whatever tire and wheel combo you like!

Tulsa, OK
Fomoco302 said:
I plan to order a set in 19x9.5 all around and use my stock tires (lots of life left). Anybody see a problem with clearances or going to a front 9.5 vs. stock 9.0 width ?

I don't see a problem running that setup. Nitto states that their 255/40/19 Invo can even be used with up to a 10 inch wide tire.

Tulsa, OK
cosm3os said:
hope this is not a dumb question but do I have to run TPMS with my track wheels?

I'll echo Puffer. You'll get a light and a warning on the message center. I just reset the warning every time I start the car and live with the light. It doesn't bother me too much since I disable TC/AdvanceTrac every time as well. Just another item added to the list...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cosm3os said:
hope this is not a dumb question but do I have to run TPMS with my track wheels?

No, but you will get an "idiot light" on the message center after 1/2 a day or so. You can press "reset" to clear it. I cycle my message info to the blank screen by pressing "info" until blank while on grid.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
1170680_10100405889116954_754561868_n.jpg

Zquez said:
These have been on my list for a while now as well. I believe smittytx runs these on his 302S so perhaps he can chime in on them. Heres a picture of Mark's car while it was at Vorshlag getting that fantastic exhaust put on.

jDSC_5412-X3.jpg

I realize this is an old post, but what exhaust are you referring to? AR long tubes or Magnaflow? Any video with it?

Thanks,
Mike

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Whoa that could be pretty pimp.

LMR just shipped out a replacement SVE Drift that I ordered as I managed to damage the lip of one during an off at the last track event.
The wheel hit the backside of a raised curb, going sideways.

To my pleasant surprise, despite the wheel lip being bent/misshapen, the spokes didn't fail and I didn't see any other noticeable damage. That's good to know these things can take an impact without completely disintegrating.

And for those that are asking why I don't just repair this one: at $150/each for a new wheel, it's not really worth the effort.

Agree, I've been using the 19x9 Drifts on track days and as my daily driver wheels... they seem to be robust.

And no way I'd repair one for $90 (or whatever).... then wonder if the repaired wheel was as strong as a new wheel.

I've been waiting 6 weeks or so for the 18x10 Drifts to be back in stock, and they are as of yesterday. yay me. :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good to know Drew. Thanks for sharing your experience. It certainly makes me less concerned about how they'd fail. FWIW, a friend of mine with a perf pack V6 smacked a curb and shattered his stock rim.

And if somebody would tell you to repair a $150 rim, I would not have anything nice to say to them.

Jimmy Pribble said:
Dark Stainless is out and supposedly in stock. Somebody with a KB please go buy a set, so I can see what they look like. Thanks! ;)

Check your own link for pics of KB with the wheels! ::)
I wouldn't mind a set in that color. Maybe once I retire the F14's I'll grab a set of these.

sve-1007fdds_8911.jpg

sve-1007fdds_5704.jpg

sve-1007fdds_7731.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors