The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sve drift wheel problem!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I bought the SVE drift wheels to use on the track and had hankook r-s3's installed. Went to put the wheels on and the rims don't clear the brembos!?!?!? Has anyone had that problem?? They barely knick it. I got the 18x9 for the front and double checked online and it says they should clear them.

I've had the pads replaced, is it possible the calipers could be out of whack a little bit??? I don't even know if that is possible???

Thoughts?

kbush02 said:
So I bought the SVE drift wheels to use on the track and had hankook r-s3's installed. Went to put the wheels on and the rims don't clear the brembos!?!?!? Has anyone had that problem?? They barely knick it. I got the 18x9 for the front and double checked online and it says they should clear them.

I've had the pads replaced, is it possible the calipers could be out of whack a little bit??? I don't even know if that is possible???

Thoughts?

There should be no problem with them clearing.

DSC08761E_zps8b250b44.jpg

I would double check something else. Where do they rub?

its rubbing on the far left edge right where the caliper starts to slope back. here is a pic.

DE-2191E39F9381-29739-00001B08C8D29043_zps1d8fa1cc.jpg

Thats odd. I would maybe remove the wheel and re-install it making sure that you tighten the lugs in a star pattern to make sure the wheel is seated properly and not cocked somehow.

they should clear, because i have the 18x9's on my car and had no clearance problems.

Check your receipt see which year mustang you chose. i'm guessing you either bought the one for the wrong year mustang, or they shipped you the wrong one.

okay, I put one of the wheels back on and it seems to clear... BARELY. I thought the stock rims were close but this is much closer. I double checked and the are the correct ones, 05-14's.

06-4D01E96AD97C-29932-00001B23F65A9B1A_zpsfbe6e49e.jpg

Wow that is close, I think you do need a spacer. I like to point out the obvious, makes me feel smart. :) Call me a candy a$$ but I wouldn't feel comfortable driving it that way.

I can't verify on mine because they're stacked in the attic, but the seems awfully close. Looking at pictures I took, it doesn't appear that close. Something else is off. Do you have any suspension noise or clunking?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
well the wheels are made in CHINA and the quality control on the wheels is lacking. LMR has a wheel warranty I would call them and tell them your concerns...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Paul had a set of 18x9 on at Chuckwalla...I thought it looked really close. Close enough that I commented on it, and that I would run a small spacer for peace of mind.

There is probably +/-1mm in the casting and machining, so I'm not surprised that somebody has contact with the 18x9. I'd bring it up with LRS.

At least 3mm of caliper/wheel clearance is what Brembo recommends. That is roughly 1/8", which is what others have mentioned for a spacer thickness. Maximum motorsports sells a pair of 1/8" spacers for $30. The 19 x10 Forgestar F14 wheels I ordered only had about .050" caliper clearance so I made some spacers out of some .065" aluminum to get to the 3mm requirement.

Thanks guys! I've ordered the spacer from maximum motorsports. I figured that would be easier than messing with getting the tires unmounted and sending the wheels back to lmr.

I'll keep you posted on how that works.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
Did you swap a wheel from elsewhere on the car and check fitment?
Basically wondering if its a manufacturing defect and the other wheels would be ok.

I mounted the other front wheel and it is about the same clearance. I ordered the spacers and I'll talk to LMR today as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors