The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SVT SuperFest at VIR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I finally got my car out to a HPDE Weekend. SVT Cobra Mustang Club, Apex and VIR really made my first track weekend memorable. I met some very nice people and learned a lot. I pulled the Cup2s to save for later and ran 305 30 19 Apex 19x11 SM10 Wheels on RS4 tires square.

RS4's did great and handled the torrential rain on the 4 hour ride home well.

Here's a lap from my first session on day 2. My instructor was right...I didn't feel like I slept much, I spent the night driving the track :)

Can't wait to go back and build on what I've learned.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the addiction! I was at the event, but didn't get a chance to meet you. (I was in the blue / red run groups in my Violet Viper).

I would recommend getting a ride along with an instructor that drives a GT350 to see what they can do. You'll shave 5 seconds a lap every time you do that. See you in Nov?!?!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Thanks! I remember your car. Very nice! I met a couple guys in your run group hopefully I’ll get a ride in November. I have a lot to learn...I’m sure just cleaning up a few things and drive the line better will lower lap times by itself. Look forward to meeting you in the fall.

TMO Supporting Vendors