The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
FL
Hey all! 2019 GT PP
I’m looking to upgrade my swaybars finally and just would like some input as what could be the best combo for my setup.
FRPP Track Dampeners
BMR Handling Springs (250front/980rear)
Was thinking about going BMR front(middle setting)
GT350R rear bar
Would this be too much for a daily/occasional track car or is this the right combo of should I keep the rear PP bar? Any insight would be appreciated, also should I get rear adjustable end links along with the fronts or just the fronts?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TX
If I googled the right spring, the BMR fronts are 300lbs which will give you more front roll couple (more understeer) You would not need so much front ARB. If you raise your rear spring rate any then you would want to tune the new OS/US balance with a stiffer front bar. The PP bar is probably fine for dual use street/track.

This is why most of us recommend going with the Ford Performance packs or at least staying with one manufacturer. When you start doing the mix and match, things get sort of foggy. The Ford stuff has been winning races in the SCCA (and other places) for years and is designed to work together with the other components.
See if this works for you

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8A

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
FL
If I googled the right spring, the BMR fronts are 300lbs which will give you more front roll couple (more understeer) You would not need so much front ARB. If you raise your rear spring rate any then you would want to tune the new OS/US balance with a stiffer front bar. The PP bar is probably fine for dual use street/track.
Thanks for the info! the revised ones are actually 250/980, I will edit my post to include that!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Don't be so confident about that balance shift. You're only looking at 1 part of the equation. Roll couple distribution matters, but it's not some single definitive variable. It's just one of the spices in the soup.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TX
Don't be so confident about that balance shift. You're only looking at 1 part of the equation. Roll couple distribution matters, but it's not some single definitive variable. It's just one of the spices in the soup.
RC is an acceptable approximation, front roll couple bias means understeer... rear bias means oversteer. There is nothing wrong with targeting a RC distribution for a baseline use. At no point did I use RC as a definitive "must be"

TMO Supporting Vendors