The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sway bars???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I think you should throw away the watts...but you already knew I was going to say that.
In fact it should probably just be a sticky somewhere..lol

Blacksheep Hates Watts Linkages

it should just come up any time someone posts a Watts.
Lol... you already convinced me about the watts..... was only asking about the bar!

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
refreshing the rear bar thread..... I know we are all going for smaller rear bars with good results..... But what do you think of this Whiteline setup. The setup seems more efficient.
Not sure I agree. It looks like the axle side brackets are closer together there than the chassis side brackets/drop links are in the OE arrangement. That means higher forces for any given amount of roll and greater bushing distortion at any given bushing stiffness. This would be a 'softening' effect once you look at the complete rear bar assembly, or lower effective bar stiffness.

It could be more efficient than OE if the Whiteline bushing stiffnesses are enough greater than the OE rubber but I'd expect less efficient than a comparably stiff aftermarket bar with the OE routing if the OE bushings were replaced with equally stiffer stuff.

Norm

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I do not understand the science behind it all but a local speed shop not only led me to the Koolaide trough but convinced me to drink from it. I'll sell you my BMR Watts and you can hang it in effigy somewhere. Actually, I suppose I'm not fast enough to have had one put on to begin with and should have just stuck with my PHB. That being said, I do like how the rear end handles for me since the install and don't think changing back will make me win the Daytona 500 just the same.

I think you should throw away the watts...but you already knew I was going to say that.
In fact it should probably just be a sticky somewhere..lol

Blacksheep Hates Watts Linkages

it should just come up any time someone posts a Watts.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I do not understand the science behind it all but a local speed shop not only led me to the Koolaide trough but convinced me to drink from it. I'll sell you my BMR Watts and you can hang it in effigy somewhere. Actually, I suppose I'm not fast enough to have had one put on to begin with and should have just stuck with my PHB. That being said, I do like how the rear end handles for me since the install and don't think changing back will make me win the Daytona 500 just the same.

I wouldn't call it Kool-aide. There are benefits are real. My thoughts are that there are more parts to fail with a watts link and that the added benefits (+ added weight) don't outweigh that risk for me.

Seems to me that it's actually pretty simple. If you like how something behaves, then don't change it. As applied here, since you like how the rear behaves with the Watts setup, don't change it, even if you've stopped drinking the Kool-aid. After all, it's already a sunk expense and it's already on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Seems to me that it's actually pretty simple. If you like how something behaves, then don't change it. As applied here, since you like how the rear behaves with the Watts setup, don't change it, even if you've stopped drinking the Kool-aid. After all, it's already a sunk expense and it's already on the car.

As the wise man said.

I have no intention of taking it off. There's just a few more bolts that need checking when I'm prepping for a track day. No big deal for a 60 year old who loves crawling under his car and inspecting everything.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel