The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sync with Pandora?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After I start my car, Pandora automatically starts playing on my Blackberry. Is there a way to make Pandora play via the car speakers without having to plug the phone into the AUX jack? I would prefer to listed to it wireless?

You should be able to play it back using the bluetooth steaming mode, but, you may find you have to disconnect it from the usb snyc cable as sometimes the two technologies clash

I stream internet radio via bluetooth all the time

1) Your phone must have Bluetooth Stereo Audio function as well as Bluetooth phone headset capability.
2) Your phone and phone firmware must be supported by Sync. Google to find the most recent compatibility chart.
3) (This one got me). The email address you used to enroll in Sync must match exactly the email address that is your Pandora account.

Even with all of this, Pandora won't play through my Sync radio on my 2013 Boss about half the time. It is just buggy technology.

If my phone is in our living and I start the Boss in the garage, Pandora starts playing on my phone. It's comical. Pandora also starts if I'm in the car. It only will play thru the blackberry speaker until I plug it into the Aux port. I don't use the USB port. Either way, It's a drag to have to have the phone teathered to the console. My Pandora always works though.

coboss said:
1) Your phone must have Bluetooth Stereo Audio function as well as Bluetooth phone headset capability.
2) Your phone and phone firmware must be supported by Sync. Google to find the most recent compatibility chart.
3) (This one got me). The email address you used to enroll in Sync must match exactly the email address that is your Pandora account.

Even with all of this, Pandora won't play through my Sync radio on my 2013 Boss about half the time. It is just buggy technology.

+ 1

Also while your phone's hardware may support this your carrier may have disabled it. Verizon for example is notorious for crippling Bluetooth on their phones. Often they'll only support hands free audio and some of the sync suite. They have been better since they were sued for it a few years ago but worth checking out in case your just beating your head against the wall.

Good luck!

seca954 said:
Cartman said:
I stream Pandora on my 2013 every day. No issues so far.

Do you stream it without plugging your phone into the aux port?

Yep. I have an Iphone 4S. I get in the car and it automatically connects with bluetooth (the dealer set up the bluetooth with the phone for the initial sync). Hit sync button and say "bluetooth audio". Tap Pandora icon, tap play, and away it goes.... Works the same with iTunes (except I don't have to hit play it just picks up where it last left off). Maybe ask your dealer. It really should work seamlessly. I've never even plugged my phone into the AUX. Don't see the point.

Tap the "voice" button on your steering wheel. When prompted, say Pandora. If your bluetooth is activated, Pandora will start streaming through the stereo.

TMO Supporting Vendors