The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

T Springs pinion angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys I have a question: I installed T Springs on my Boss 1000 miles ago, and I am wondering should I have changed my pinion angle when I did this? I didn't think the t springs changed anything dramatically enough to warrant that, but I've been reading alot of posts on the Internet about people installing springs and then getting gear whine. Do I need to adjust my pinion angle?

I installed my T springs, BMR adj phb,adj uca and mount, lca's and relo brackets and Shaftmasters one peice driveshaft at the same time and had Ford set the pinion angle right after while doing the alignment. It was out, but not by much. The panhard bar was out the most to the drivers side.

When I did mine, I just did the springs, BMR non adjustable LCA's, and BMR adjustable panhard. The local shops have told me that I do not need to change my pinion angle with just this setup. I also called the Ford Racing tech line and they told me that the T-Springs were designed to operate without any other major changes, and I did not need to adjust my pinion angle.

So let me ask: has anyone installed the T-Springs without adjusting the LCA's or pinion angle and had issues later? Im being told that my setup is fine, but I really don't want to get rear end whine or vibration (or a trashed diff) later down the road.

Don't quote me, but I think the only reason you should have to adjust pinion angle is if you lower and install a one piece drive shaft. I ended up having to return my driveshaft and left the pinion agle where it was with the one peice. No issues after a full summer of driving.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel