The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

T1/ST2 Differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lawton, OK
I've been looking at the T1 rules and the ST2 rules, trying to figure out what can and can't be done in order to be classed in either one. The SCCA's rules are pretty clear cut, but NASA isn't so much. I already have my parts planned out and the entire build falls within the T1 rules but the ST2 rules don't seem to be as specific. Is anyone here racing in ST2 who can give some insight?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'm not intimately familiar with the T1 rules.
Do you have specific questions about ST2?
It's pretty simple. HP is averaged out over a given range, weight is weight (heavier gets modifier benefits), aero and mods are generally unlimited, provided you don't modify vehicle floorpan or subframes (but you can, if you are willing to take a modifier penalty).

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lawton, OK
I'm not intimately familiar with the T1 rules.
Do you have specific questions about ST2?
It's pretty simple. HP is averaged out over a given range, weight is weight (heavier gets modifier benefits), aero and mods are generally unlimited, provided you don't modify vehicle floorpan or subframes (but you can, if you are willing to take a modifier penalty).
Ok that was part of my question, regarding allowed aero and engine, chassis, etc., parts. What other classes would it be compatible with? I see your car has three classes on it, I assume they're similar in rules? How does the performance modifier work and what determines it?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fairlane ....go to the nasaproracing.com site and then hit the Rules Section. Pretty much NASA is more wide open than SCCA, primarily just weight to HP ratio, as previously mentioned. Once into the Rules section scroll down to the ST1-ST5 rules classification form. Plug your weight and HP in ( just guesses for now ) and you will likely fit into ST2. T1 is similar to the old Showroom Class in SCCA , and actually you can do more mods with NASA. AZBoss , myself , and a quite a few others on here are running ST2 and it is a fun class for the Mustang. Frankly with what most of our cars have, modification wise, we would end up running GT2 in SCCA and I know I for one, weigh way more than I should in that Class, yet hard to fit anywhere else.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel