The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V T56 Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MA
Fell into a take out '03 Cobra T56 with bell housing - early research shows it was once a common swap, but any companies that supported it have seemingly gone defunct since the magnum xl has become available - does anyone have knowledge of how to make this work (clutch, throw out etc) or should I just sell it to a sn95 guy?

IMG_20221106_161204_01.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MA
Talked to the guys above (used to buy parts for my 5.0 from Mike in the 80s/90d when he was in Waltham). Silver state was super helpful too - the pitfall is the shifter location - and while the Silkky shifter could work, tunnel mods may be necessary.....and still not a true "direct" shifter....so I listed it in the classifieds here - will put the funds to good use for track time or other mods.....thanks for pointing me in the right direction

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel