The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tack key Idle Message

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One thing I DO know is that once an aftermarket tune is installed switching between the silver and red keys makes no difference. What I DIDN'T know is that if you go from an aftermarket tune to stock the TracKey tune is still there and the two keys once again are functional. My situation is that I have been running a custom AED tune for the past year and a half. I have no complaints, the car runs great. SOTP is in the "noticeable" category, contrary to the "raped ape" description offered on another forum, confirmed by the 7 hp gain on the AED dyno. From the thousands of forum messages I've read TracKey would also fall under the "noticeable" category with the added benefits of engine braking, two step launch, and modest idle lope. Therefore I have ordered the TK software but it's nice to know if I am totally disappointed I can revert to my AED program.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel