The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tack key Idle Message

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone seen this message, "Track key Idle"?

It occurred today on dyno (2d and 3d runs) with a noticable drop in hp and torque near the end of the run; 1st run was clean (no mesage or power drop).

No other caution lights or CEL illuminated.

Only changes to the motor were the installation of Kooks shorty headers and a baffled oil pan.

r/
Eric

It normally says "Track Key Enabled"...this is the first time for this message.

Do you have the procedure for the PCM reset?

Thanks
r
Eric

Track key ENABLED should pop up when you place the key into the ignation.

Track key IDLE pops up when the time cycle is complete and the car starts moving.

Its in the owners manual if that helps. Not sure why you wold lose power though.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The Idle only activates when certain conditions are met (see the TK install instructions), but the engine has to be above 177F for at least two minutes; you probably just heat soaked the engine on the dyno hence the power loss.

Well...the car is fine it seems...Track Key messages appearing as expected. The message relayed to me was 2d hand info....apparently the during the first pull one of the dyno sensors (temp) was not positioned correctly giving an incorrect reading to the dyno. The operator noticed something was odd with the numbers from the 1st run and re-checked the sensors. The 2d and 3d pulls were identical. No CEL, no power drop...all good.

jr

Race tracks have turns!
Is the track key even compatible with a tune? Just how does this work... is it it's own tune, or does it just modify the base tune? If the later, it may undo your new tune or leave you lean....?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
jr said:
Is the track key even compatible with a tune? Just how does this work... is it it's own tune, or does it just modify the base tune? If the later, it may undo your new tune or leave you lean....?
trackey is stored on the device you load the program with. if you return the program to stock the trackey program is back.

Justin said:
trackey is stored on the device you load the program with. if you return the program to stock the trackey program is back.
Are you saying that if you have TracKey programmed and later you upload, say, a Steeda tune with an SCT flasher the TracKey tune will be stored on the tuner? I thought once you loaded an aftermarket tune TracKey was gone.

jr

Race tracks have turns!
Sorry, but to clarify again.
You have the TrackKey setup.
Then you install, say, a Steeda tune or somebody's.
Then does the red and black key each do the new tune identically? In other words, both keys are now equal?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Not 100% but I have drove the car with both keys with aed tunes on it. Still says trackey active but if you do the things to test if trackey is installed it doesn't pass meaning the tune isn't there anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr

Race tracks have turns!
Did you dyno after the tune with both keys?
I;m concerned that the red key may end up leaning out the engine or something after a new tune is installed.

TMO Supporting Vendors