The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

tail of the dragon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's on my bucket list, was talking about this on my way back from Charlotte with our Mustang club. I've heard the only time todo this is Monday through Thursday! Let me know the date and I'll try and get some buddies on the list.

Sounds like a good idea. The Dragon on a weekend would definatly be bad idea. Multiple deaths every year. Mostly from people on motorcycles crossing or leaning over the center line and getting hit by oncoming traffic.

I tried the Dragon a while back in my '93 and I about got sick, I would like to try it in the Boss. The Cherohala Skyway is another great road in the area. Many long sweeping curves. The downside to that is, I find myself exceeding the speed limit slightly *cough*.

A couple of links for good info.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

http://www.cherohala.com/index.html

did a trip from Boston a couple years ago with a bunch of friends. was an amazing time. there are actually better roads in the area than the dragon, Cherohala Skyway being one of them.

most of us at the start

startofthedragon.jpg
startofthedragon2.jpg

reedo

WATCH IT GO
i did it in my 04 mach and had a blast, recently hit the dragon on the way back from Florida in my boosted flex and it still put a smile on my face.
I'd like to make a boss meet at the dragon an annual tradition just don't know what time of year would draw the most crowd, any ideas welcome...

reedo said:
i did it in my 04 mach and had a blast, recently hit the dragon on the way back from Florida in my boosted flex and it still put a smile on my face.
I'd like to make a boss meet at the dragon an annual tradition just don't know what time of year would draw the most crowd, any ideas welcome...
That's a great idea. Why don't you throw a few dates out there and maybe rename this thread something like:

Tail of the Dragon Group Drive

I live relatively close to both the Dragon and the Cherohala. If there is something I can do to help, feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.

This is from the Cherohala.

DSC_0101.jpg

tyler72

Like a Boss!
I live close to the dragon and skyway as well. I have made a few trips in the boss and its a ton of fun for sure. I would like to go do them on my road race slicks some time lol. But traffic and the po-po wouldn't allow me to go fast enough to benefit from them anyway.

TMO Supporting Vendors