The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Take care of that Boss!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another interesting link:

http://wot.motortrend.com/hagerty-names-its-top-ten-future-collector-cars-%E2%80%93-do-you-agree-162697.html

...No doubt, - in 2050, sale of my 302LS will buy me one week in a retirement home (lol)... ;D

I still think future collectibles will be cars like Subaru WRX's and Civic Si's. It will be the cars that all the teenagers wanted and want to relive their youth, much like what drives the collector car market today. The guys that have disposable income in their 50's and 60's want to relive their youth so they buy the cars that were hot when they were in their teens and early 20's. The reason some of those cars from the 60's and early 70's are worth so much is because there are so few nice examples left of those cars. Those cars were driven hard and were wrecked and trashed. No one back then thought to stow them away in a heated garage. Same with today's kids. They beat the crap outta those cars...wreck them and burn them up. In 2050 how many low mile original number matching Civic Si's will there be? There will probably be more GT500's out there because most people are babying them and stowing them away.

lbp said:

http://wot.motortrend.com/hagerty-names-its-top-ten-future-collector-cars-%E2%80%93-do-you-agree-162697.html

...No doubt, - in 2050, sale of my 302LS will buy me one week in a retirement home (lol)... ;D
Does that mean I have to quit tracking mine? How about if I put a fresh coat of wax on it after each event? ;D

cloud9 said:
lbp said:

Does that mean I have to quit tracking mine? How about if I put a fresh coat of wax on it after each event? ;D
You don't add several coats of wax after each event? ;)

cbj5259 said:
I still think future collectibles will be cars like Subaru WRX's and Civic Si's. It will be the cars that all the teenagers wanted and want to relive their youth, much like what drives the collector car market today. The guys that have disposable income in their 50's and 60's want to relive their youth so they buy the cars that were hot when they were in their teens and early 20's. The reason some of those cars from the 60's and early 70's are worth so much is because there are so few nice examples left of those cars. Those cars were driven hard and were wrecked and trashed. No one back then thought to stow them away in a heated garage. Same with today's kids. They beat the crap outta those cars...wreck them and burn them up. In 2050 how many low mile original number matching Civic Si's will there be? There will probably be more GT500's out there because most people are babying them and stowing them away.

Crap, just sold my WRX, and it was a clean one too.
On the other hand, even with real good care that thing wanted to fall apart, I doubt 2050 was ever an option for that particular car.

Im sure a 911 and GTR can be had for under 100K. But how many do you see at your local Dairy Queen cruise in night. How many fox bodies will you find in 50 years that are even close to stock. Just sold my 93 gt :'(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel