The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Take-off Slicks - looking for supplier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm looking for some suggestions on where to buy take-off slicks. I usually run Conti's from Hossier Discontinued selection but all they have left are 285's. I'd like to try Perelli's in 305 width but would be interested in Conti's or Hoosier too, or possibly a mfg I'm not thinking of. Looking for a dealer that sells good tired at a reasonable cost. Thanks for any help.

Sean

John Berget Tire
5011 Hwy 50
Delavan WI 53115

Shop: 262-740-0180
John Cell: 262-903-4235
Mike Cell: 262-215-2291
Fax: 262-245-9413

Also, GT Track Days /

http://gttrackdays.com/sell/

Todd Zimmer
[email protected]
(414) 350-6303

Greg Miller
[email protected]
(414) 640-7218

Gt track days has 265/650R18. i paid $150/tire shipped for Perelli's

[email protected]
If he has any left. I got Hoosier GS 275/40R18. lots of tread for $60/tire shipped.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jza1736 said:
Gt track days has 265/650R18. i paid $150/tire shipped for Perelli's

[email protected]
If he has any left. I got Hoosier GS 275/40R18. lots of tread for $60/tire shipped.

Thanks - is the email you listed another contact at GT Track Days...in addition to Todd Zimmer and Greg Miller?

No, someone else i found. I bought 1 set of 4 and the transaction went smooth. Paid with PayPal, which helps if you have any problems. Really worth the price
8f1ebd0b67bdcd737bde29e1a501697a.jpgb02bb6f3618c9be4ab67ca8104312170.jpg

I too grabbed a set of the g6000 discontinued tires. Great price! Only wish they had narrower ones also.

I forgot to mention if a 285 is ok, you can buy new Continentals from Hoosier for $150 each plus $15 for shipping and handling regardless of the size of the order.

Thanks everyone.

I forgot about Phoenix. They aren't too far from me. I actually stopped by a couple years ago and Joe gave me a tour of the shop....great operation and even better group of guys. They actually helped me out at a track day at Wakins Glen too. I had a stripped caliper bleeder and their mechanic helped me patch it so I could finish the day. Anyway, when I visited the shop, Joe said he'd be happy to sell me tires whenever I needed them.

So I ended up getting 4 Pirelli 305/660/18's from usedracingtires.com. I haven't decided if I'm happy with what I got yet. They were $150 per tire shipped. The site claims that all tires have at least 75% left. I have to break out the micrometer to see what is actually left, but by eyeballing them 75% is a big stretch. I'll confirm and report back but I'm thinking they are closer to 50-60%. Also, not every tire is evenly worn. Some have noticeably less tread on, what I assume was the inside edge. Lastly, one of the tires is far harder and less tacky. Looks and feels like it was overheated, heat cycled out or left in the hot sun all day. I'm gong to get all my duck in arrow with the tread measurements and email the company to see how they respond. I will report back on how this goes in case anyone else is thinking of ordering from them.

Does anyone know the wear marker depth on new Pirelli slicks? Rob??? I just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on whether or not they have the claimed 75% tread remaining. W

KBBOSS1086 said:
Thanks everyone.

I forgot about Phoenix. They aren't too far from me. I actually stopped by a couple years ago and Joe gave me a tour of the shop....great operation and even better group of guys. They actually helped me out at a track day at Wakins Glen too. I had a stripped caliper bleeder and their mechanic helped me patch it so I could finish the day. Anyway, when I visited the shop, Joe said he'd be happy to sell me tires whenever I needed them.

So I ended up getting 4 Pirelli 305/660/18's from usedracingtires.com. I haven't decided if I'm happy with what I got yet. They were $150 per tire shipped. The site claims that all tires have at least 75% left. I have to break out the micrometer to see what is actually left, but by eyeballing them 75% is a big stretch. I'll confirm and report back but I'm thinking they are closer to 50-60%. Also, not every tire is evenly worn. Some have noticeably less tread on, what I assume was the inside edge. Lastly, one of the tires is far harder and less tacky. Looks and feels like it was overheated, heat cycled out or left in the hot sun all day. I'm gong to get all my duck in arrow with the tread measurements and email the company to see how they respond. I will report back on how this goes in case anyone else is thinking of ordering from them.

Does anyone know the wear marker depth on new Pirelli slicks? Rob??? I just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on whether or not they have the claimed 75% tread remaining. W

Just wanted to update everyone in case you were considering ordering tires from usedracingtires.com. I emailed them last week, outlining the low tread wear of the tires I received and my displeasure. I sent the email after midnight and the owner, JP responded within minutes. He assured me that he would rectify the situation so in the end, I'd be pleased. He asked for pictures of the tires, which I provided. The new tires showed up yesterday and they are much nicer. I'm very pleased.

Mistakes happen all the time with companies, but it's not as common for issues to be rectified as quickly as they were in this case. Because of this, I will certainly order tires from them again and encourage anyone looking to business with company that stands behind what they sell to consider Usedracingtires.com.

Sean

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
You guys are so lucky. I can not import used tires to Chile because of the danger they might carry mosquitos!!! Have to be new...:(....

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel