The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Take your Boss out on the track with the rest of us!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Several of us will be running at Virginia International Raceway at the SVT Superfest. This event is geared toward Mustang owners who like to run track, however, there is a car show tied to the event and Ford Motor Company is scheduled to bring some cars with them to the event. Cannot say for sure if it will be a 2013 Boss but that is very possible. ;)

Please note, if we can get 20 Boss owners to show up to the event, we'll cut out some time during parade laps just for them to be on the track at one time. It doesn't matter if it is track or car show, just 20 Bosses. There will also be a Friday night social and a Saturday banquet and we are looking for some volunteer owners who would like to put their car on display during dinner.

There are numerous options for the event and the breakdown is as follows.

Three days of on track - $470.00 (Best Value)

a. Three days of the full course
b. Event tee shirt
c. Event poster
d. Three days of parade laps
e. Includes entry for a carload of people

Two days of on track - $450.00

a. Two days of the full course
b. Event tee shirt
c. Event poster
d. Two days of parade laps

One day of on track - $225.00

a. One day of the full course
b. Event tee shirt
c. Event poster
d. One day of parade laps

Hyperdive - $60.00

a. One thirty minute session on track with an instructor - You must attend meetings and have your car pass a tech inspection

Car Show - $50.00

a. One car show entry
b. Event tee shirt
c. Event poster
d. Three days of parade laps

Saturday Night Banquet - $35.00

We have a special guest, Dave Dempster, scheduled to speak at the Saturday night banquet and will do a walk around at the Friday Night Social. He is a former SVT power train engineer and he'll be sharing some SVT history with us.

Friday Night Social - $15.00

This is a "dutch" fee meaning if you want to attend you can and if not, that's up to you. Last October, we did this and it was a big hit with everyone. We put out some special cars as well as some track cars on display and everyone thoroughly enjoyed doing this. This part of the event is very laid back and last year everyone had a good time. You just have to attend to understand what I am talking about.

In the past, 90% of the people who did the car show, wanted to do the parade laps. With a $20.00 car show fee, a $20.00 parade lap fee, it's a great value to get the event tee and poster for an extra $10.00. VIR is 2.5 hours from Charlotte, NC, it's a nice ride and even if you just want to come up for one day, we can organize a "cruise to the superfest" on Saturday morning. Hope to see many of you at our upcoming events.

You can sign up or get more details by going here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=223664#post223664

I'm waiting on mine, too and I hope it will be here in time. 2013 Race Red with all options. You just don't know how much I'm salivating right now...

BTW, I'm trying to put together a Boss Meet at Summit Point Raceway in August. The dates are August 11-12, 2012 so if you cannot make the VIR event, we'll be doing one a little closer to you. You can actually sign up for it now.

RedRacer said:
I'm waiting on mine, too and I hope it will be here in time. 2013 Race Red with all options. You just don't know how much I'm salivating right now...

BTW, I'm trying to put together a Boss Meet at Summit Point Raceway in August. The dates are August 11-12, 2012 so if you cannot make the VIR event, we'll be doing one a little closer to you. You can actually sign up for it now. The full details will be out soon and I've started a website for it. Just waiting on a BB to get installed.

I'm right there with you. I am just dying to get my hands on my 2013 GHIG!

Thanks for letting me know about the Boss Meet. I will certainly take a look and I'm pretty sure you can count me in!!

Good luck with the event. I'm glad that as a community we are starting to see more BOSS oriented events. I wish that I could join you but 1200 miles is a little far for me to go.

Post this on the events calander on the BOSS Mustang Owners Association Facebook site.

There are BOSS owners on Facebook from all over that might be able to join you.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/BOSSOwnersAssociation/

MrGT5oh said:
I'm glad that as a community we are starting to see more BOSS oriented events.
Um, not a Boss oriented event at all. It's the SVT Superfest and the Boss isn't even an SVT vehicle. The first line of his thread says
"This event is geared toward Mustang owners who like to run track". It looks like they're being INCLUSIVE to make an accommodation by setting aside some time at their event for Boss Mustangs. The main reason I don't own a Z06 Corvette (which will smoke any factory Mustang on the track...302S and 302R excluded) is the elitist attitude of too many of their owners. I hope we don't attempt to create that type of stigma for Boss owners.

cloud9 said:
MrGT5oh said:
I'm glad that as a community we are starting to see more BOSS oriented events.
Um, not a Boss oriented event at all. It's the SVT Superfest and the Boss isn't even an SVT vehicle. The first line of his thread says
"This event is geared toward Mustang owners who like to run track". It looks like they're being INCLUSIVE to make an accommodation by setting aside some time at their event for Boss Mustangs. The main reason I don't own a Z06 Corvette (which will smoke any factory Mustang on the track...302S and 302R excluded) is the elitist attitude of too many of their owners. I hope we don't attempt to create that type of stigma for Boss owners.
I'm with you on that. I get a lot more positive responses from my Boss Mustang than I did my Porsche 911's. I think the main reason for that is Mustang is a much more approachable car. All Mustangs share DNA and I hope the next high performance Mustang is much better than the one in my garage.

Number23 said:
I did several track days in my S2000 at the main SP circuit, The Shenandoah circuit seems very fast and VERY short on run off. What your opinion of the track?

Believe it or not I have seen more incidents on the Main than the SC. You are correct, there is very little runoff room there. But no less than say Watkins Glen. I drove my Boss on the SC just a few weeks ago and it did very well. I've driven several Mustangs on that track, from a pretty sweet 65 fastback to a 2000 Cobra R, and the Boss seemed more at home there than any of those. The other really sweet thing about the SC is the replica Karussell turn. I think I'll take a pic of my car on that turn tomorrow so those that haven't sen it can check it out.

I am planning VIR and going to tow my LS with my Lightning. I may not be fast but I look cool. I have driven VIR and it's fast. I have also driven SC at summit point and it's cool. The karrasell turn is really cool. After you go through once you love it.

Glad to see you're coming out to the VIR event. Help spread the word to see if we can get 20 Boss Mustangs out on the track at the same time. Even though it is a SVT event, the poster has a Leguna Seca on it just like last year's had a 2012 CO Boss 302 on it. This event is both SVT and Boss oriented event. There are several new Boss owners trying out their car at VIR, what better track to hit 140 mph and have plenty of run off for human error? Check out what the jacket will look like as a "free" giveaway at the banquet, it looks really cool and it cost nothing to enter the raffle.

http://www.modularboss.com/forums/showthread.php?5-SVT-Superfest-Virginia-International-Raceway-May-25-27-2012&p=6#post6

Yes, go here for directions to see last year's poster, this year's poster (has a school bus yellow boss on it, and how to get a free jacket with a 2013 boss embroidered on it.

http://www.modularboss.com/forums/showthread.php?25-2011-2012-SVT-Superfest-Posters-with-Boss-302-on-them-along-with-2012-jacket-layout

Number23 said:
RedRacer said:
The Shenandoah circuit.

I did several track days in my S2000 at the main SP circuit, The Shenandoah circuit seems very fast and VERY short on run off. What your opinion of the track?

Summit Point main circuit is great. Shenendoah SUCKS!!!! Trust me!!!

SCMC runs the best open track events! I started running at this event in 2008 and haven't missed one since. Tons of track time, great instruction and a relaxed atmosphere. This year we'll be running 3 days of full course, 5/25 - 5/27...the perfect time of the year at VIR. Ford/SVT is planning a big presence...don't miss it! I'm sure there will be lots of Boss cars on track this year...maybe I'll get to pass one this time :)

TMO Supporting Vendors