The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Takin' a leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Opened my trunk to find a lake of water in the spare tire well after the last rain. Pulled the rubber plug to drain and then spent an hour looking for the leak. Nothing apparent until I let the hose pour water over the car while I layed in the trunk with a flashlight. Lookey what I found...

IMG_0542.jpg

Evidently, there is an alignment pin on one of the plastic brackets that mounts the bumper cover that can leak. Not sure if they forgot to put a gaskety thingy on that pin or whether this is a design flaw but... I gooped it from the inside to stop the leaking.

Anyone who stores their car outside or is going to take it out in the weather like I do better check this area out.

John

TMO Supporting Vendors