The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Targa Southland i.e. mini One Lap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-targa

If you have ever wanted to run the One Lap of America and wondered what it would be like here is your chance to give a similar event a try. Only 3 days but they will be long and busy with transits into the evening hours to the next track. You can either run it for fun or rent a transponder and go for a class win.

I am running the GT350 with my wife who finally did the 1 Lap in 2016 and survived. With entry fees, gas, hotels, and transit to and from home I figure it will be around $1500 total or about 50% of the cost per day of the 1 Lap.

Peter

are you saying it costs $3k per day to run OLOA? just trying to track the math...as it's something I've been interested in doing.

I might have not been clear. The Targa Southland is about $500 per day of competition per my math.

The 1 Lap is about $6k minimum with a set of tires, entry fee, transits, hotels, gas and travel to South Bend and back. That is a bare bones figure for a high performance car.

If you get a chance to do it I feel the 1 Lap is the most fun you can have with your pants on. I have run if 5 times since 2007 and would have liked to do more but sometimes life gets in the way.

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors