The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Teardown...My Life Last Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So we had a National Open last week, and several Cobra Jets showed up to set new records. 2 did just that, so we had to tear them down. I'm glad I only have to check them & not put them back together. The 2 cars didn't get put back to race the next day, they just boxed them up and drove them back to New Jersey. The tuner said it would be 16 hours per car to get them back to race ready, that is if they had a clean and sterile environment to do the work.

IMG_0295_zps3f6e31ca.png

IMG_0296_zpsf4a6de30.png

IMG_0300_zps65f66111.png

IMG_0305_zpsa2292348.jpg

IMG_0307_zps67272a30.png

IMG_0306_zps6a6964f5.jpg

CobraJetCutie said:
So we had a National Open last week, and several Cobra Jets showed up to set new records. 2 did just that, so we had to tear them down. I'm glad I only have to check them & not put them back together. The 2 cars didn't get put back to race the next day, they just boxed them up and drove them back to New Jersey. The tuner said it would be 16 hours per car to get them back to race ready, that is if they had a clean and sterile environment to do the work.

IMG_0295_zps3f6e31ca.png

IMG_0296_zpsf4a6de30.png

IMG_0300_zps65f66111.png

IMG_0305_zpsa2292348.jpg

IMG_0307_zps67272a30.png

IMG_0306_zps6a6964f5.jpg

Do you know if it's JDM?

They tear these down after every race?!

Yes both were JDM cars. If a car sets a new record for its class we have to tear them down if they want the record in the books.

Jim had 3 cars at the event. One was a 08 Roush car, that car wasn't in contention for any records.

Cool. Do you know how much HP are these cars putting out to set those records?

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. Do you know how much HP are these cars putting out to set those records?

I would hazard to say in the 1200-1300 range give or take. Many of these tuners just "won't say" because of the competition always curious to get the dirt. My BF's car is over 1000hp and its not anywhere near running the record.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel