The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Temporary door windows for Mustang race cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
Nice work! Looks a lot like what I envisioned for a version that you could see through and drive with.
Thanks, I based it off of what most promod drag cars run with except I made them removable and incorporated the factory weatherstripping. I'll be taking them off when I'm on track of course so the only requirement is for it to meet highway speeds fine.

weidspeed

SCCA T3 2012 Mustang V6
If I make another run of them I'll take a poll on who wants them. Been selling them for $250 + shipping in the past. I started making them about 5 years ago because not all of us have the luxury of an enclosed trailer. It also helps keep cats and other animals out of the car when in the garage or outdoors like mine.

Please count me in for a set too!
MiataCage sells a really simple bracket that holds the factory glass in place for Spec Miatas while being transported ... about as simple as it gets. I'd try something similar for my 197, but unfortunately I no longer have the OEM glass. I'd love to get a set of those transport windows. Thanks!

Jim
weidspeed (at) hot mail dot com

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Let me know when you are doing your next run?
Kevin was here cutting some out on Tuesday.
I was busy with other shop work so I didn't see where he was at on these but I believe some are in progress. How many I don't know. I believe he said that if you want some you'd need to PM him to let him know...so I'd imagine those who did are getting their windows soon.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level