Tesla track pads?

Discussion in 'Track Teslas Online' started by YellowJacketBoss302, Dec 5, 2018.

1. YellowJacketBoss302

YellowJacketBoss302 TMO Race

Here is a thread from another forum with some disconcerting information. He ran the car for one session and cooked the brakes (rwd and not big brakes). Not too surprising but Tesla would not sell him pads alone. He had to buy pads, rotors AND calipers. I called tesla yesterday (Nashville parts department) and was told that they will soon sell pads separately but do not yet have pricing available.

Will not go on track until pads are available -- preferably track pads. Does anyone know of any track pads currently out there? There must be some because the Randy Pobst tesla track mode article mentioned that he was using "track friendly pads".

https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/model-3-on-track-at-laguna-seca-20-minutes-no-throttling.6173/

The_Dead_Cow likes this.
  2. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

Randy knows his stuff! There must be pads out there somewhere.

3. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Aftermarket brake pads are available and Mountain Pass Performance has them.

4. YellowJacketBoss302

YellowJacketBoss302 TMO Race

Thanks Rick. But, I need pads for a P3D+ and I don't see those on the mountain pass web site. I did talk with the Nashville parts department and they said the tesla pads would be available but did not have pricing yet.

5. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

6. OPMustang Tim

OPMustang Tim TMO Race

@VoodooBoss after PRI is over I can dig into it with Danny. If anyone has old pads any compound can be put on the plates. Not much information on them, the rears seem to have a number but would need a specific model/year to go from.

VoodooBoss likes this.