The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Testing out a new camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Here is a video from when I was testing out a new mobile DVR for a friend out at MPH a few weekends ago. I really like the split-screen option. It also reads speed, g-forces, and tracks your route through google maps. I'm still messing around with adding these features to the video but it's pretty cool so far!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/XbFIfqOiXSE[/youtube]

Link to the product:

http://habsco.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120

The link shows a video of how the integration appears on screen. I know the integration isn't as pretty or cool as some of the purely race-oriented products on the market but in my book this is a pretty dang good deal for $130. I'll definitely keep using it :) Just thought I would share with you guys...

very cool. nice having both views. I picked up an ion camera at MMP during ford racing school and bta so I now have my gopro and the ion for two views. Hope to see ya at Hallett sometime next year.

I live in Enid and work into tulsa daily (driving freight trains) My track goes right by hallett and I always seem to be stuck on a train during events like the shelby show. Since SVTOA hasnt had an event there in a while I plan to just attend some HST weekends. Just need to get a few more mods done to the car. Last time I was out there it was a wet svtoa event in my 700 rwhp cobra on street tires. fun but scary.

Tulsa, OK
forcefedcobra said:
I live in Enid and work into tulsa daily (driving freight trains) My track goes right by hallett and I always seem to be stuck on a train during events like the shelby show. Since SVTOA hasnt had an event there in a while I plan to just attend some HST weekends. Just need to get a few more mods done to the car. Last time I was out there it was a wet svtoa event in my 700 rwhp cobra on street tires. fun but scary.

We drove in the rain last time I was out there, definitely different. Going to an HST weekend is better than the Shelby meet anyway. You can get instruction during HST events and there are fewer cars on track than during Shelby. I made it to about 6 HST events this year and hoping to attend as much as possible next year.

Tulsa, OK
unrealford said:
That a nice camera, does it work nicer then a go pro

I think the audio/video quality is just as good as my gopro

Here is a video from the same event shot with my gopro.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/gi_RP8B30pQ[/youtube]

roadhouse said:
We drove in the rain last time I was out there, definitely different. Going to an HST weekend is better than the Shelby meet anyway. You can get instruction during HST events and there are fewer cars on track than during Shelby. I made it to about 6 HST events this year and hoping to attend as much as possible next year.

For sure. I havent ever made the shelby event at hallett and havent tried to hard because of this. I was supposed to go this last year but got stuck on a train a mile from home. After my recent trip to miller motorsports park I think I'm ready to spend some solo time at Hallett. With my job I doubt I'll make 6 hst events but maybe we can at least meet up for a couple

TMO Supporting Vendors