The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Texas 7-letter Plate Event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just an FYI to Texas Boss and Mustang owners. Myplates.com is having their first of two semi-annual 7-letter plate events that starts tomorrow. VIP access started today. I think it lasts a week or so.

amene3ap.jpg

Here is the plate I purchased today. I've always wanted vanity plates and never got around to buying them. The following below we're available as of this morning.

BOSS P51
YES BOSS
FLY BOSS
JET BOSS
BOSS JET
GO302GO
REDKEYD
TRACKEY
TRKBOSS
TOPBOSS
HOTBOSS
THOU SNP
REDPILL

One more tip. Myplates.com will set-up booths at malls, sporting events, etc... If you chat them up and ask questions you can get free $55 gift cards. I was able to get two this way and used them on my purchase. Helps take the sting off of the 10 year plan.

Holy Moly! $795 for 10 years, $695 for 5 years, and $395 for 1 year.

I want TRACKEY, but dang... not for that much.

ms71171 said:
Holy Moly! $795 for 10 years, $695 for 5 years, and $395 for 1 year.

I want TRACKEY, but dang... not for that much.

Thanks everyone and yeah! Prices are steep. I was shocked when I moved to TX how expensive vanity plates are. I wanted them for my GT500 but could never pull the trigger. 1 year is waste. If you are going to pay for 5, might as well pay an extra 100 for 10 years.

It was because of the free gift cards I got, plus at x-mas they had buy one $55 get one free $55. But you can only use one free card per purchase. So it's not like you could buy 7 and use 7 for essentially 50% off. I saved $165.

Go to their website, sign up for pl8news and they'll let you know when the next event is. They also list their upcoming events. I think they are at cars & coffee in Austin this weekend. Try to score some free gift cards like I did.

Boss949 said:
Darth: Nice job.

I couldn't decide, so I just used my Car #
Boss 302 decal may be overkill: I'm thinking about removing it.

photo_zps1c76058a.jpg

I think it's ok for both but a little redundant and confusing at the same time. Maybe a plate frame #949 of 3xxxx or something.

Darth Boss said:
Thanks everyone and yeah! Prices are steep. I was shocked when I moved to TX how expensive vanity plates are. I wanted them for my GT500 but could never pull the trigger. 1 year is waste. If you are going to pay for 5, might as well pay an extra 100 for 10 years.

It was because of the free gift cards I got, plus at x-mas they had buy one $55 get one free $55. But you can only use one free card per purchase. So it's not like you could buy 7 and use 7 for essentially 50% off. I saved $165.

Go to their website, sign up for pl8news and they'll let you know when the next event is. They also list their upcoming events. I think they are at cars & coffee in Austin this weekend. Try to score some free gift cards like I did.

Yep - great advice! thank you. I didn't know there was any discount at all. I guess it's all supply and demand.

TMO Supporting Vendors