The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Text & App Features

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all,

I have had the car for about 1100 miles now and thought it was time to "remember" that there was a radio and such that came with this motor haha. I have a 2013(sync) - I am having trouble utilizing the text feature for my iPhone as well as don't understand the "Apps" that show up on my screen. I am obviously not talking about the Track Apps FYI. I have done a search on this forum and 2 others and can't seem to locate any answers. Has anyone been successful getting the text feature to work? Also, does anybody know what Apps I can download or came with this sync? Thanks in advance, pardon the ignorance on tech stuff.

Love the forum so far!

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
The only app I could find in the app store was Ford SYNC Destinations which isn't a very good app IMO. There is also www.syncmyride.com but like you I've never been able to figure out the text feature either. I've used the turn by turn nav once and it worked ok but I don't like that you don't have a visual map like most other nav systems. Sorry I couln't offer more info

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
According to the Ford website this is how it's supposed to work

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/send-and-receive-text-message-sync

Thanks for the replies... I presumed it was too good to be true, like the button for Satellite Radio hah!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel