The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thank You Veterans , you are in our thoughts today for your service, sacrifice, protecting all of us who live in this great Country!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We have a lot of current and ex Service members on this Forum and this weekend is a special time to honor and pay respects to those who were in the Armed Services . Please list yourself, your loved ones who served and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. It is a time to remember those who have helped us keep our freedoms and enabled so many of us to live a comfortable and happy life in America. I will start and I hope we all spend today cherishing the memories of all these special people - both those who have passed and those still living.

Col. Gene T. Pemberton USAF
Wild Weasel F105 Pilot
KIA over Hanoi , 1966

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
SFC Nathan Chapman was the first casualty I the war in Afghanistan. He was from First Group, third battalion, I was in secomd battalion at the time.

My current employer is sponsoring a car in the NASCAR race this afternoon in Nate’s name. Our owner was also in first group at the time.

If you have the time, go to Facebook and look for Spartan Mosquito. Pictures of the car are there. One thing to also note, our owner insisted that the memorial is to be about the man who served and sacrificed. As such, no company name or logo is on the car. That’s class right there.

Look for the 15 car. I can’t seem to copy and paste on pic on my iPad. Sorry.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No Spartan Mosquito advertising on the car just SFC Nathan Chapman's name , is not just a Class Act, it is in the true meaning of Memorial Day. Camaro or not, I for one , will be cheering Brennan Poole to do really well!

Last edited:

drano38

Wayne
Bill, thanks for your Dad's sacrifice to our nation. Weasel pilots and WSO's had a dangerous job.
My Dad served 2 years in the Army in Germany as a tank driver from 1952-54, and returned home safely. I served for 20 years in the Air Force.
Today, I'm honoring the members of SEAL Team 10, who conducted Operation Redwing, June 28, 2005 in Afghanistan.
  • Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, Killed in Action
  • Petty Officer Second Class Danny Dietz, Killed in Action
  • Petty Officer Second Class Matthew Axelson, Killed in Action
  • Navy Hospital Corpsman Second Class Marcus Luttrell, Wounded in Action, rescued several days later
Marcus Luttrell wrote a book about the mission, which also became a move, called Lone Survivor.
Why did I choose them? My crew and I were flying a B-52 overhead that day, and orbited over the site for 6 hours, after LT Murphy made the satellite phone call for help --- and he was killed as he finished the call. That call resulted in a Troops In Contact radio call to us. Seems like it was yesterday, but its almost 15 years.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Marcus Luttrell was a keynote speaker at a meeting that I attended in 2015 - still get goose bumps every time I hear his name and recall his story. To hear your involvement in that same mission is surreal.

Thanks to all with the courage and selflessness that have, or currently are, serving their Country.

Last edited:
My humble thanks to ALL who have served our country during our times of need or peace! A sacrifice of some degree needs to be made either way My Dad was in the Navy during WW2....Thank God he made it back or else I wouldn't be here. Me and Hon watched the live National Memorial Day Concert on PBS last night.It was quite an emotional show, so much so that we watched the encore showing that followed https://news.yahoo.com/national-memorial-day-concert-2020-221443663.html

TMO Supporting Vendors