The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thats the rig ready

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of to my first track outing tomorrow, apparently the weathers not too bad either :)

20130414_174705_resized_zps2796d538.jpg

Tow hooks from Blowfish racing

20130414_174629_resized_zps34adf382.jpg

The rear fits snug under my licence plate just have to remove two screws, the red wrap is to stop the loop banging on the fender

20130414_174618_resized_zps881bb2e0.jpg

20130414_175036_resized_zps1961bd02.jpg

20130414_175008_resized_zpsc8a5e34a.jpg

Wow two American made cars while living in the UK! Are you a Brit or a Yank? Which track are you going to and are those your stock wheels or Team Dynamics?

Thats the stock wheels. i didnt want to attempt winching the car on the trailer with the lower wheels, ill fit them at the track tomorrow and post pics tomorrow

ian

big red one said:
Thats the stock wheels. i didnt want to attempt winching the car on the trailer with the lower wheels, ill fit them at the track tomorrow and post pics tomorrow

ian
Hope you're having a great time today! Are you at one of the tracks pictured on your quarter windows?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Ian,
a suggestion for your rear hook loop. use adhesive backed velcro to hold it in the up position. then there's no chance of it rubbing on the paint.

looks real good though! have fun at the track today!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
NFSBOSS said:
Ian or Steve what offset are those wheels?
Rick, those are +45 offset all around. that was the perfect offset to use front and rear for a flush fit to the body. with more camber, the front can take less offset. -2.5 degrees is best with a +35 wheel, but matching it on the rear makes the rears stick out. i am always concerned about being able to rotate tires, so i recommend going with a +45 all around and when its time for some extra camber, add spacers up front so you maximize your footprint and keep the wheel flush with the lip.

Ian, thanks for posting the pics! I will bet that adding sticky tires and lightweight wheels turned that car into a whole different animal. just wait until you get your aluminum driveshaft on. you will be amazed at what that bugger does for you!

Yeah its a CRD but ive not tuned it yet, im only using it to pull the Mustang! so its not used enough to warrant spending money on it

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
big red one said:
Yeah its a CRD but ive not tuned it yet, im only using it to pull the Mustang! so its not used enough to warrant spending money on it

If you do decide to tune it, Green Diesel Engineering is who I used. MPG is up, swirl motor is eliminated (yeah!). They also have the ability to turn off the DPF and allow you to run a test pipe.

I'm currently getting about 17 mpg towing the Boss on a 2100# uhaul trailer. Hoping to improve that with the new 1350# trailer I'm picking up Friday.

Prior to the Green Diesel tune, I had an InMotion USA tune which functioned fine, but didn't give the increase in MPG that the GDE tune is providing.

TMO Supporting Vendors