The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"The 2015 GT can beat the 2013 BOSS 302"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We all know the 2015 GT is using Boss valves/cam etc from 12/13 roadrunner but this is the first time hearing it's faster on the track. I'm skeptical but maybe the IRS and 200lb weight difference is the kicker.

"2. The 2015 GT can beat the 2013 BOSS 302: What’s impressive is that the 2015 Mustang GT is said–according to the same interview with Dave Pericak–to have the speed and quickness to beat the 2012-2013 Boss 302 around the track."

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-11-things-you-didnt-know-and-two-things-ford-wont-tell-us/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fbpost3312014S550

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
I think this is expected. Also think that this is awesome. If the GT is going to be that good. The GT350 and Mach1 or what ever they come up with, will set a new performance bench marks for the Mustang. Remember Ford set its sights on the Porsche 911 to better around a race track with the S550 platform. See no reason they wont do this. They are taking all they learned on the Boss and playing with a better lighter platform.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/14-mustang-gt-to-outrun-old-boss-302-laguna-seca.html

Is this the GT or GT with a track pack option? I still like the looks of the 2011-2014 the best. The 2015 will appeal to a broader base since it looks sharp and refined, and I would not mind having the SVO package for a DD. I like the aggressive look of my '12, and think you would have to go back to a '69 to '70 boss or a Pantera to get the same level of aggressive looks.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Domestic Product said:
Remember Ford set its sights on the Porsche 911 to better around a race track with the S550 platform.

I set my sights on dating the most popular girl in high school and that didn't happen either, lol.

It's the GT track pack.

Expected.
Just like how a C7 vette is faster than C6 Z06, and 991 c2s is faster than 997 gt3...and newest wrx is faster than previous sti (around a track--laguna seca. As tested by Motor trend).

The list goes on.

Wait till the next Camaro is faster than the giant killing Z28 ;)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ms71171 said:
We all know the 2015 GT is using Boss valves/cam etc from 12/13 roadrunner but this is the first time hearing it's faster on the track. I'm skeptical but maybe the IRS and 200lb weight difference is the kicker.
That was already stated sometime before I saw one on 12/7/13. Probably at the same time the suspension CAD renderings were released a month or two prior. Everyone talks up about the IRS, but much of the handling will come from the improved geometry of the front. The dual ball joint lower will allow a much needed increase in camber gain by increasing the strut angle.

NFSBOSS said:
It's the GT track pack.
Sure is.
Was lucky enough to see one and based on the rubber mounted, it also has a minute advantage there too. Same fronts as the Boss, but 275/40-19 in the rear. And believe it or not, it's theoretically 1.6% more contact patch than our stock 285/35-19 due to the larger circumference.

13440966123_fb80e76b75_z.jpg

The next Z28 will need to be a little smaller & lighter ( like the new mustang) to be faster on the track. The Camaro might have new look by 2016 to achieve that........just a thought. I, personally love the look of my '12 Boss as opposed to the new '15 Mustang.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
302BOB said:
.......just a thought. I, personally love the look of my '12 Boss as opposed to the new '15 Mustang.

I concur, don't know why but the S550 just does not "look right".

I am probably just old school and the new design will grow on me and look like the rightful heir to the S197.

2015 doesn't look right. My wife said she was going to buy a Fusion and put Mustang emblems on it to make people think she has a 4 door Mustang. To appeal to foreign markets they have taken some of the American muscle look out of it. We will see how people react.

I think I'll like both, although I hope we don't see another Boss for awhile. Being a Boss makes the car very special in my book.

One reason I prefer the current Mustang over the Camaro is that it doesn't look so darn HUGE. Going back to smaller proportions for both cars is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. But I do like the more muscular look of the current Mustang. We'll see what happens as time goes on with my perceptions and design changes to the car.

I just continue to be happy that we're living another muscle car era. Who'da thought it? 8)

Grant 302

four-walling said:
I concur, don't know why but the S550 just does not "look right".
ks_mach1 said:
2015 doesn't look right.
302BOB said:
I, personally love the look of my '12 Boss as opposed to the new '15 Mustang.

Just curious...have any of you seen them in person? Makes a difference. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did in person. Not unlike the way I reacted to the new Corvettes in pics vs. standing next to it or watching it roll on the street.

I love the way my Boss looks...but I still want to see the S550 in Comp Orange.

I've seen them at Barrett-Jackson, although mine is not one of the comments you quoted.

Even then it's difficult to say exactly what I think about the new design other than I like the smaller proportions. It's different to see a car sitting in a tent vs. in a parking lot or rolling down the road. I think it will take some time for me to figure out exactly what I think about the new design.

I do like that the designers kept so much of the original Mustang's design DNA and I do like the smaller proportions. The new design looks softer and not as muscular to me but I expect that will be rectified as high performance versions are introduced.

Grant 302

I'd prefer the car to be even smaller, like SN95 or Fox body small. Though I think it would be tough to fit the coyote in with the space needed for front suspension.

TMO Supporting Vendors