The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The 2020 GT500 has a DCT! Intro Details Inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
All the videos are on track or canyon carving ........................no Drag Strips. This is a road course warrior, not the straight line cruiser many felt the prior model was?

You don't need the largest rotors ever stuck on a Mustang to slow down after a Quarter Mile -----sure it will do well there , but our prayers were answered, this is a Track Terror!

DFW, TX
The GT500 is going to be tire limited. Heavier and more power with the same width tires as the the 350.

Road America, an advantage, Barber Motorsports Park, not so much. Certainly a larger tire bill

It certainly would be entertaining with 200 more horsepower.

It would have been nice if they could have put a larger rear fender with 12"s on the back and 325s.

The front end really is a stylized snake head with an open mouth. It's growing on me, but I'm sure the price is out of my range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have started a fund to swap a DCT into my '13, for after my first hip replacement.
I have a couple of friends with hip replacements and if you're like them you should be fine using a clutch after you're fully healed. They are both very pleased with the results.

Thanks, but I was kidding about the hip, at least for now. Faster on track and easier to drink coffee on the street is enough to justify it.
I have friends who have had a variety of joints replaced. Hips, knees, shoulders. Every single one of them says they wish they had done it sooner. It's just amazing how well it works.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I think its great Ford is giving us 2 fantastic cars to choose from. I might be being a bit picky but, It doesn't look like they thought about factory tow hook provisions and may be a creative task to retrofit...maybe there will be the ability to make camber adjustments but, I haven't seen any photo that suggests it. I was also hope to see an option for a roll bar on the rear seat delete track pack cars...that would be a plus.

It's hard to see because of the black bumper but the GT500 does appear to have a spot for a front tow hook. It's at the far left of the black bumper in the photo below, click on the image to enlarge it. Hopefully this makes it onto all the other Mustangs.

The roll bar would have to be crash tested inside the car and that's not going to happen. Watson Racing works very closely with Ford so their bar is as close as you're going to get to a factory roll bar.

2020-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-1.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors