The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The 5 Best Movie Car Chase Scenes of All Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
I dunno...I'm surprised Halicki's Gone In 60 Seconds didn't make the list. If I remember correctly, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry had it's moments, as well as the car chase sequences in Vanishing Point. Just my opinion, though. Of course Bullitt still tops any list! :eek:

aarcox2013 said:
I dunno...I'm surprised Halicki's Gone In 60 Seconds didn't make the list. If I remember correctly, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry had it's moments, as well as the car chase sequences in Vanishing Point. Just my opinion, though. Of course Bullitt still tops any list! :eek:

I have to agree, Dirty Mary Crazy larry and the original Vanishing point were far better than a few of the ones listed.

I like them all. I'm also a big fan of the car chase scene in The Peacemaker with George Clooney.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Went to see the "Getaway" today. The only thing good about the movie is the Shelby, sweeeeeet, and a bunch of BMW's get trashed. Best chase scene is at the end of the movie, camera mounted on front bumper. Save your money n wait for Red Box - it shouldn't take long.

I agree that the chase in the original Gone In 60 Seconds should be here. Also like the Vanishing Point Chase(s). I think Bullitt must be on the list; it was first, and it has McQueen. So The Seven-Ups has to go, but the chase scenes in Ronin are great. I would have to have a top 6 list.

Here is another one that I like, that many of you won't know about, because you uncouth bastards wouldn't be caught dead watching an old, romantic French film. Too bad for you. Why? Boobies, for one. And driving like this, for another:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27pCW2DPc0[/youtube]

PRO: Great driving in ordinary cars, mostly no music to screw things up
CON: No real drama (other than the risk of death, hello, no helmets), because it is just stunt guys practicing for a film

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
I think they have it right with Bullitt, when it came out in 68 there was nothing like it. Keep in mind it was a real movie with a plot and all kinds of intrigue. The car chase was just one part of a great movie. Must of seen it 10 times as a 13 year old in the Lynn Twin.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/10/17/bullitt-and-one-of-the-most-famous-car-chase-scenes-ever-filmed-turns-45/

TMO Supporting Vendors