The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 The Albuquerque Stripper - Mustang Nosegrind 720 Kickflip Champion Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I lived in KC for two years. Lots of positives there. Although the reason the pizza there is under rated, it’s under rate. BBQ sauce does not belong on pizza. Lol. If you want great pizza, go to Chicago.....then leave. Nothing else of value. Lol. Did I miss anything??
HOAs are a no go. Good luck with the neighbors. There are a few race cars on my block. No one seems to mind.

No, not BBQ pizza. Pizza Pizza. Pizza Glen, Minsky's, Pizza Shoppe, Sarpino's, etc. We have tons of great pizza here and I lived in Italy for 4 years, lol.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Minsky’s is OK, not great. When in KC BBQ is the way to go. Most Pizza restaurants in KC have a version with BBQ sauce. Can’t take them seriously.
Bella Napoli, Jake makes an authentic pizza. He is a great guy and makes great Italian food. After that, not so great.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Glad we could all agree on it. I mean, everybody knows New Haven is where you go for it, maybe New York if you're in a hurry.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
@Ludachris can we add a “dislike” button for comments like this
It's not like I couldn't give him the code to restrict it to the original poster only. You're eating meat flavored pies, I'm eating apizza at #1 rated Frank Pepe... fugeddaboudit, eh?

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Check.
Your.
f***ing.
Mirrors.

That is all. The guy setting up for the pass has been thinking about it for a few laps now.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Actually looking back at the video, and cooling down a touch, two things.
One, might as well ignore Porsche drivers, because they ignore you.
Two, even if you don't check your mirrors, do check the flag stations.

1601910668038.png
1601910821366.png
1601910926169.png
1601931432482.png

I'm still in the wrong, I guess. I was setting up for some passes, and got even a few times, but it wasn't so much as they were shutting the door, but rather weren't paying attention. That's pretty hard to imagine too, because my straight pipe is decently loud. Thankfully didn't let him wad me up, but I got run off and should have backed off and just hit the hot pits for some distance.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Don't you know the first rule of track etiquette is you're not allowed to pass Porsche drivers? Pshh, duh! 🤣
I must not have read that pamphlet too thoroughly :)

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I'm generally a positive person, so trying to spin this back onto that track.

What type of special idiot spins out in turn 12?
1601927596003.png
Signed,
-Guy who TTO'd coming out of 13 :D

So are you running a no point passing group or pass anywhere with a signal?
Yeah, trying to get some light W2W action in the next upcoming year, and for the most part, everybody is great, because they've got the experience, know we're getting exactly 0 trophies, and they usually have decently expensive cars. Many of them also race semi-competitively, so it's nice to get out and play. If you track rat it up enough, cruise the pits and whatnot, and can put some faces to names, and learn their driving tendencies, so you're only really concerned about the new guy. Every so often you'll see some videos of crazy passes, but most often, it's just outbraking, and lining up parallel in a turn, where the passee knows you're going to intercept the race line, and their choice is either to either accept that fate, cause an accident, or 0.1% re-overtake them back again coming out of the turn. Points are not required, but you'll still see it, or people will break off the race line and let people continue past and then shortly rejoin. The dingus I had an issue with would have caused even more challenges in the slower advanced group, probably running even more of them off the road or causing a potentially expensive and serious accident, whereas some of us in the faster would just get pissed off and post angry things under internet pseudonyms :D

edit - One of the things that Covid killed was the post-session "Driver Download" briefing where you can fess up to being a dick, or to the nicest of your constructive abilities, call somebody out.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
It could be a German thing. I find some BMW owners have checked the “selective mirror” option when ordering their new toys.

Of course, Fords are no supposed to be fast, right?

1601938805829.png

TMO Supporting Vendors