The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The best mod for those with Quick Jacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 old racer

Too blessed to be stressed and old track whore,
Exp. Level
20+ Years
fontana ca.
I built a set of full length ramps, and I store my Quick jacks between them and under my mustang. Anyway as I get older or just lazier I find it a little difficult to slide my Q.J. into position. Then on another forum I saw this video posted. So I spent about 17 buck for some 1" roller bearings and install them as noted in the video (slight deviation). They worked great. So for those with Q.J. try this mod and save yourself some grunting when position them under your ride. Here is a vid on the ramps and Q.J. mod

thanks man. i like the roller bearings idea. the ramps.. i don't know honestly. I actually see a good use of them in case u put the quick jack ABOVE them. so the whole car is raised way more from the ground.
or some kind of ramps that incorporate the quick jack without the need to move them. i was thinking to create a frame around them and the top part just detached from it so can raise with the quickjack

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Great for a smooth garage floor but I expect asphalt would eat up those balls and the fun would be over rather quickly.
Great ideas on both videos though. As for me, I take mine to the track and it's always asphalt and rarely level.
Plus the added height wouldn't help me, I have to drive on 1.5" race ramps just to get the jacks under my car....it's pretty low.

C0D6C7C1-A14D-45B2-971C-759E703C8320.jpeg
92C7A3A9-8B46-4AEB-8513-C0429F770869.JPG

Last edited:

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I've been considering one of these, time is always an issue for me at the track - while I don't think the quickjacks themselves would be much faster, being a bit easier might be a good option. I also have a narrow garage with both cars in, which makes using a traditional jack a pain with clearance to a wall on either side or the adjacent car.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I've been considering one of these, time is always an issue for me at the track - while I don't think the quickjacks themselves would be much faster, being a bit easier might be a good option. I also have a narrow garage with both cars in, which makes using a traditional jack a pain with clearance to a wall on either side or the adjacent car.
Do it. You won't be sorry.
Got mine at Costco at a discounted price. Money well spent.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I bought the 7000 lb model, use it on the Mustang, Cadillac ATS4 and 2018 F150 SuperCrew. Easy only changes, tire rotation, brake bleeding and other modifications. I do need run up blocks to get the Mustang up enough to clear the jacks. I did pick up the roller balls today for that jack mod. Going to work on the 1 old racer's ramps idea, figure I'll incorporate my alignment turntables too. Damn this hole is getting deep.

TMO Supporting Vendors