The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Big Engine that Could

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They picked the right car! This will be interesting.

Winding Road race team attacking the 25 hours of Thunderhill in a Boss 302S (and looking for money) :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/teamwr/the-big-engine-that-could

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
They've had that car "in development" since early this year. I wish them well but I need to kickstart my own race budget, if you catch my drift.

Upon closer inspection, they have some cool "reward" items available...

ArizonaGT said:
They've had that car "in development" since early this year. I wish them well but I need to kickstart my own race budget, if you catch my drift.

Upon closer inspection, they have some cool "reward" items available...

I understand. I wasn't advocating for donations but will be interested to see how the car fares. Any opinions?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think it will come down to the drivers and pit crew. The 302S is reliable enough to make it 25 hours. The real question is how much refurbing they'll have to do after this event.

ArizonaGT said:

Yep, I catch it. Maybe you need to jump on the crowdfunding bandwagon.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2013/05/08/top-10-crowdfunding-sites-for-fundraising/

Cool. I'm hoping to hang out there on Saturday this year.

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. I'm hoping to hang out there on Saturday this year.

I'll be coming through that area at about that time. I don't know what the chances are but I'd love to be there.

NFSBOSS said:
I'm not sure where you're coming from but TH is about 100 north of Sacramento where I live. Thunderhill isn't as nice as MMP but for the enthusiast it's a nice facility and they've made quite a few improvements over the years. The new addition should make it the longest track in the US.

I believe the entries list says that they're from Texas.

TMO Supporting Vendors