The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss 302's Underside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal Motorsports, the shop that installed DOT 4 brake fluid for me, posted photos of my car while it was on their lift. Here you go:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.com/norcalgallery/30/lg/DSCF5523.htm

DSCF5526.jpg

Maui
Rick,

Cool Pix. That's where I ordered my moroso oil separator and floor mats. Nice Guys. They always give me the option of sending the stuff I buy via US postal, which is nice b/c shipping to Maui is so expensive. Father and son business. Gary and Jason right?

Out of curiosity, what kind of rear spoiler do you have? Did you paint it yourself? Easy to bolt on?
Thanks...

808Boss said:
Rick,

Cool Pix. That's where I ordered my moroso oil separator and floor mats. Nice Guys. They always give me the option of sending the stuff I buy via US postal, which is nice b/c shipping to Maui is so expensive. Father and son business. Gary and Jason right?

Out of curiosity, what kind of rear spoiler do you have? Did you paint it yourself? Easy to bolt on?
Thanks...
Thanks Jeff. Yes Gary and Jason and I'll be paying them another visit tomorrow to have my trans and diff oils changed and have the diff cover tapped for drain and fill plugs. It's the OEM LS rear spoiler and I had a local body shop paint it to match the roof. There are a couple of threads on installing one floating around here. While not difficult you need to take your time and as you need to drill four more holes. The tricky part is drilling through the underside trunk supports and the two outside ones need to be biased towards the outside in order to attach the nuts.

IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg

Maui
Nice looking spoiler! Something to think about as well. I also had my eye on the GT 500 spoiler but I definitely like the look of the one you have. ;D

808Boss said:
Nice looking spoiler! Something to think about as well. I also had my eye on the GT 500 spoiler but I definitely like the look of the one you have. ;D
There is a bit more downforce with the LS compared to the GT500 but not much. The GT500 bolts on so it's an easier install. If you go with the GT500 consider the TruCarbon CF version.

TMO Supporting Vendors