The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss Party is Over For Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

I wish the would make a steet legal Cobra jet to squash the Z/28.............vin number and all........that might get my Boss traded in!

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: The Boss Party is Over For Now

BLAZN BOSS said:
I wish the would make a steet legal Cobra jet to squash the Z/28.............vin number and all........that might get my Boss traded in!
If they would have made a Mach1 CJ that was street legal for the same price as he Boss, I would probably bought that instead.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: Re: The Boss Party is Over For Now

unrealford said:
If they would have made a Mach1 CJ that was street legal for the same price as he Boss, I would probably bought that instead.
Me too. If a street version of the NA or supercharged CJ came out I would be down trading in the boss for one right now.

BLAZN BOSS

Saw a Boss powered CJ at MIR two weeks ago........9.70's having problems hooking up............so awesome!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
bretlasalle said:
That is insane! 227 left! We're not even in June yet - wow - I would have guessed 227 would be left new in May of 2014.

207 left as of this afternoon. I wonder if there are any Boss' in transit to dealers?

note: not every dealer advertises on 'cars.com', so there may be few dealers living in the dark ages that don't.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
note: not every dealer advertises on 'cars.com', so there may be few dealers living in the dark ages that don't.

Correct there are three Ford dealers here in Southern Arizona and all three still have there Boss's which do not appear on Cars.com

I wondered if it was going to be this way. Potential buyers who were on the fence waiting until Ford actually quits making them rushing to get their favorite color before they are gone.

There are a lot of very cool cars on the market right now, but the Boss is the Boss. You either "get it" or you don't. If you "get it", you want one.

I suspect the Z/28 will be the same way.

coboss said:
I wondered if it was going to be this way. Potential buyers who were on the fence waiting until Ford actually quits making them rushing to get their favorite color before they are gone.

There are a lot of very cool cars on the market right now, but the Boss is the Boss. You either "get it" or you don't. If you "get it", you want one.

I suspect the Z/28 will be the same way.

And you can buy 1.5 BOSSES for the cost of one Z/28 if motortrend is remotely accurate on MSRP estimate.

I'm also watching cars.com and paying particular attention to Grabber Blue BOSSES still available. Looks like less than 10 left out of 429 produced.

boss man said:
and only 1 yellow blaze wearing white. that's the money car. Anyone know the build # on that car.

Money car? Maybe. Kind of depends on future desires in the market. Presumably few bought blaze with white because few like it now. Nothing to say in the future people will want that combination. Yes it will be rare, but not necessarily worth more.

askjeffro said:
Wow, only 429 built. Blue was my second choice I thought that that it would be a high demand color.

I'm going off Registry forumon this site for the number. I would have thought more Grabber Blue due to both the 1970 offering of that color plus the 2012 LS that broke the bank @ Barrett Jackson. Very happy to own one. If they made a black base BOSS it would have been a tough choice

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
askjeffro said:
Money car? Maybe. Kind of depends on future desires in the market. Presumably few bought blaze with white because few like it now. Nothing to say in the future people will want that combination. Yes it will be rare, but not necessarily worth more.

The story behind the one blaze and white car is a little different than most.

The car was ordered, I believe in Canada, when white stripes were not offered with the blaze paint. The order was processed and later questioned. Ford decided to allow one. Why not, white was available in red and blue cars so the stripe was available. Cost to allow.....zero.

Value to Ford as well as the car owned?? We are still talking about it. Free to Ford.

Future value? Anyone's guess. There is no way this combination will decrease the value if this one car.

Good decision for Ford.

Lets hope this car survives so we can see if the decision was correct.

TMSBOSS said:
The story behind the one blaze and white car is a little different than most.

The car was ordered, I believe in Canada, when white stripes were not offered with the blaze paint. The order was processed and later questioned. Ford decided to allow one. Why not, white was available in red and blue cars so the stripe was available. Cost to allow.....zero.

Value to Ford as well as the car owned?? We are still talking about it. Free to Ford.

Future value? Anyone's guess. There is no way this combination will decrease the value if this one car.

Good decision for Ford.

Lets hope this car survives so we can see if the decision was correct.
One slight change to your above scenario. The white stripe option WAS on the order guide for the Canadian cars by mistake. He was the only one who ordered one before they caught the mistake. I think if a couple of others had been ordered early on they would have been made too. I think it looks good.

2012yellowwhiteBOSS_zpsa6dd813f.jpg

Don't forget the pink one. ;)

pinkboss.jpg

8)Hello!
I'm the guy in Canada who owns the one & only 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss with a white stripe. I've been trying to get on this site for quite some time but have been unsuccessful because my email account did not work with BMO. I've finally set up a new email account & successfully registered with BMO
My Boss now has approx. 10,000 km (or about 6,000 mi) on it. I took delivery of it on Apr 2/11. It was a very early production Boss - #0049. It was actually a confirmed Ford production error that caused the production line to stop because it was not an acceptable color combination! Ford allowed it to go through because it was too late to stop it but absolutely no others like it would be produced. The pictures you see above are mine which I took in my home driveway in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I took the pictures with me to Track Attack which I attended in Sep/11. No body could actually believe I had a car like that! TA was a fabulous time for my wife & I. First class all the way!
The car has performed without problems as a DD in the summer months only. I store it indoors during the cold winter months.

TMO Supporting Vendors