The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss Party is Over For Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No big surprise but here's a short article about it.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/the-last-boss-302-mustang-has-been-built-for-now/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-last-boss-302-mustang-has-been-built-for-now

laguna-seca.jpg

Sad to see it gone especially since it became so well liked.

#2 on MSN. http://t.autos.msn.com/research/buying-advice/20-most-popular-cars-on-msn-1#image=20

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
jfolsom28 said:
I'm sad but also kinda glad if they made the boss every year it would just be seen as another mustang and not for what it truly is.

I agree... even Ferrari is reducing its annual output... glad Ford kept its promise...

Ford CAN bring back the Mach as a Z28 killer without hurting my feelings...

GB899 said:
Ford CAN bring back the Mach as a Z28 killer without hurting my feelings...

Only Chevy would put out a 7.0 liter 428 CI motor to gain 56 Horsepower and boast as a killer for a 5.0 liter 302 CI Ford.

Me personally don't think I'm gonna like the future mustangs. I can almost bet my left nut they are going to have a huge grille like the fusions. Not my style so thos might just be the last mustang I own but maybe it will be bearable.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I guess I am weird but I like every Mustang made. Every single one of them has a soul including the crappy old 2.3 litre fours. They all put up with abuse beyond belief and keep running. I will like the new ones too I am sure. Some day soon, even our new bosses will look "old". Hope I am around to see that!

John

I am sure people felt sad at the end of the muscle car era, it was a very special time. Big motors, big power, wild stripes, scoops, spoilers, special tires.

Enemic motors, bad gas mileage, low performance from cars after that. People hated them, and look where we are now. Performance cars we only dreamed of, a lowly little 302 with a torque curve the envy of motors almost twice it's size, only supercharged cars could perform like this.

What business does a tiny little 302 have be this powerfull and the envy of all others?
Serious business, ass kickin business.

I am glad I have lived long enough to see and enjoy both those eras and have owned and drivin some of the finest cars made in those eras. It isn't over yet. I personally think, the best is yet to come. The 60's and 70's were epic, tremendously exciting times. I remember my dad coming home with a bright yellow 1970 442 olds, it was awesome. People would line up at the dealerships to see the new cars delivered.

40 years later we are living those times again, can`t wait to see what Ford answers back with, can`t wait to see if Chrysler gets in the game, someone needs to shave half a ton out of that turd, can`t wait to see what Chevy does when they find out no one wants the Z28 ( :eek: ). I feel like a kid in a candy store again.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
So I have to share an experience that I had yesterday... I was sitting at a light in the Boss and on the opposite side of the street was a shiny new Camaro SS. We are staring at each others cars when a SRT8 Challenger crosses in front of us on the perpendicular road. I mean, if you were to tell me that this was going to happen, even 10 years ago, I'd have told you that you were NUTS! It really is 1970 all over again but I have a feeling that the big guys are going to take this to the next level shortly. The next gen designs are going to be something else.

Ford is already planning to transition to the ECO Boost and this is simply shades of SVO all over again. If you never got a ride in a turbo Mustang back in the day, it was a HOOT! My buddy had a little 1980 turbo car that he made simple mods to and that thing screamed. Matter of fact, that car was the reason that I gave up on my 280Z and started buying Fords. That little car, dropped by 1.5 inches, handled great and could out handle and out run my 280Z and that was the first turbo car that had all of the problems. The new ECO Boost cars have 30 years of development behind them and you can bet these are going to be making big power and will be much lighter.

I can't wait to see the new car.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:
No big surprise but here's a short article about it

...just ran a dealer locate on 'cars.com' showing a total of 227 new 2013 Boss 302's for sale nationwide.

pretty slim pickins' considering 4000 cars were built for the model year.

maybe there are cars on the way to dealers that have not shown up on a dealer locate yet?

jneary said:
Matter of fact, that car was the reason that I gave up on my 280Z and started buying Fords. That little car, dropped by 1.5 inches, handled great and could out handle and out run my 280Z and that was the first turbo car that had all of the problems. I can't wait to see the new car.

Ummmm, Pst, a 10 speed could outrun a 280z. ;D

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Sure, compared to the cars of today, but back in the day, there wasn't a factory V8 that was putting out much more than 225HP and with the mods that I made to this Datsun, it was easily doing that. Times have changed for sure as even the stock V6 Mustang is putting out 305HP! Boy, have times changed!!!

John

four-walling said:
...just ran a dealer locate on 'cars.com' showing a total of 227 new 2013 Boss 302's for sale nationwide.

pretty slim pickins' considering 4000 cars were built for the model year.

maybe there are cars on the way to dealers that have not shown up on a dealer locate yet?

That is insane! 227 left! We're not even in June yet - wow - I would have guessed 227 would be left new in May of 2014.

TMO Supporting Vendors