Welcome to Track Mustangs Online

Join the BEST track enthusiast Mustang community on the web!

Register Log in

The Cannonball Record has been broken again

302BOB

TMO Addict
Reaction score
The original Cannonball Run movie was great and set the tone for the rest...it was full of stars...google it to see what I mean...Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. were pressing their luck.....Burt Reynolds and Roger Moore, not so much...everybody had a blast making this movie!!!.............."Smokey and the Bandit" ( first one) comes to mind.....as a comparison.....

Last edited:

carver

TMO Advanced
Reaction score
In comparison , Back in the 80's my buddy and i towed the rally car with a Chevy van (350 4bbl , three on the tree ) that got horrible gas mileage, across the country from Kingston Ont. to Tacoma Washington to a rally event . We did 2600 miles (give or take a few) in 55hrs. We did around 75mph most of the time . We thought we killed it averaging almost 50 mph.which included a boarder crossing, fuel stops, Jolt Cola, coffee and snacks. we took turns napping.

These guys averaged almost 100 mph!! that's very impressive. ( and a little insane !!):eek:

302BOB

TMO Addict
Reaction score
I understand there's a BIG difference between a Hollywood movie and the real deal...hats off to anyone who tries it!!!...not for me!...My best tyme to the nearest pizza place is under 3 mins...I'm working to improve that...........

302BOB

TMO Addict
Reaction score
Just what I thought all along!!!..If you know what you're doing (at most speeds) you will stay out of trouble.It's the "drivers" that don't have a clue of what they're doing that cause most of our mayhem!!!!...We gotta get rid of that Allstate guy!!!!..:rolleyes:

TMO Supporting Vendors