The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 The cumstang Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Definitely a smart choice getting a built MT-82, as they are such a weak point. Looks like some solid mods and I am a big fan of using tires and brakes ( rotors, pads and fluid ) to go fast, since the other items often cost more. Enjoy running this Winter while we in the Midwest experience Concrete Fever , as there will be virtually no chance to point the pavement for quite awhile!

Today the high is 21 with snow, tomorrow the high is 2 degrees with 40-50 mile an hour winds. Lovely weather our Canadian Friends sent down so we could experience what Winter is like in HockeyLand -----tonight through Sunday evening the temperatures will continue to dip into the negative range!!

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Today the high is 21 with snow, tomorrow the high is 2 degrees with 40-50 mile an hour winds. Lovely weather our Canadian Friends sent down so we could experience what Winter is like in HockeyLand -----and yes, tonight and through Sunday night the temperatures will all dip in.
I resemble that remark!
In fact the junk weather storm we are getting this weekend is actually coming up from your end. Hopefully it will bring warmer weather than the -4C we are at now.
Harumph-h-h!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
-14 JDee, with wind chill of -38 , I am definitely feeling my inner Canadian!! Sorry, we are sending this weather back to you, but isn't that where it belongs? Seriously, it will be a very cold Christmas for many in North America.

JDee, A snowblower is a must for our winters!!!!!!!!..........I don't need one at the moment, but I will keep your offer in mind..........................I could trim that 12 hr ETA number down if I took the Boss..............But I might need a trailer..................

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Warmed up this AM, it is only -8 this morning! All of you folks in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi , Louisiana , Southern Texas, Georgia, etc. post your Mustangs in warm environs so at least those of us in this Winter Ice Box can at least warm our hearts, ha!

I moved the Mach 1 to my son's garage a few weeks back , and it is nice since unlike mine , his is heated.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
It is only 6 in Knoxville this morning and we are supposed to be in the south. Toss in the wind chill and it feels like -11. A big change from 50 last evening, but at least there is nothing to shovel.

Meanwhile up here in New England where a lot of us pray for snow it's 56 degrees and pouring rain. Grrrr.... So weird. Hope everyone is staying safe and this crazy cold so many of you are dealing with breaks soon!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Just started snowing here, the temps had been mild but dropped quite in bit in the last hour and the rain has changed to snow. Meh, no biggie, we'll just stay warm inside until Maw Nature decides to leave us alone, then out comes Rob's shovels, er, snowblower, and away we go.

TMO Supporting Vendors