The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The demise of my Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
Food for thought. 05 tp 09s are going for $5K these days ( superbeater cost $5k + misc taxes, etc) and 99% of your stuff will bolt right up to one. To me, that's the cheap way out.
$5k+ is very doable. I'm probably looking at a bit more though, or having to do a coyote swap too. A '13-'14 would be ideal for a lot of minor reasons. If I saw a straight but needy '14 I might jump at it now, otherwise I've got lots of time to consider options.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Florida
Man i’m so sorry to see this. How are you holding up? Remember that you have time to make a decision, don’t rush into trying to fix it. Take your time to consider options logically. I hope you don’t have any Injuries.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Man i’m so sorry to see this. How are you holding up? Remember that you have time to make a decision, don’t rush into trying to fix it. Take your time to consider options logically. I hope you don’t have any Injuries.
Thank you, I'm fine physically but still getting my mind around the loss. I do have plenty of time to figure how to proceed... I'm in the midst of a major home remodeling project now. I'm not sure what my resources will be when that's completed but somehow can't help looking at future options. Another 2014 GT would be ideal but in useable condition they're hard to find and surprisingly pricey, mine is probably worth more than I thought.

I just saw this one:
AutctionStang.jpg
Theft recovery & stripped, auction pending but may not be open to public bids, we'll see.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Hurricane season is coming. There should be a few flood car, totals soon. Kind of like following a vulture for a meal, but if it gets you back on track…….
So about flood cars... I'm guessing everything electrical would need replaced yes? I'm interested in what that involves and assuming
that mine are still intact. If I have to swap ECU and other modules I'm not sure how to marry them to the new car.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
what did you mean about the coyote swap? cause dont you already have one or are you talking about putting the yote into a different chassis?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Florida
Thank you, I'm fine physically but still getting my mind around the loss. I do have plenty of time to figure how to proceed... I'm in the midst of a major home remodeling project now. I'm not sure what my resources will be when that's completed but somehow can't help looking at future options. Another 2014 GT would be ideal but in useable condition they're hard to find and surprisingly pricey, mine is probably worth more than I thought.

I just saw this one:
View attachment 76447
Theft recovery & stripped, auction pending but may not be open to public bids, we'll see.
Something I haven’t seen mentioned: a part out to fund the next build. Sometimes a fresh start is more exciting than a repair. Have you at least TRIED to call the insurance? Delete the YouTube video first lol

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
what did you mean about the coyote swap? cause dont you already have one or are you talking about putting the yote into a different chassis?
I was talking about the idea of swapping my yote and the other goodies on my wreck into another chassis. I'd really like to find a '13-'14

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
@Stangra Would now be a bad time to ask you two questions about your build ? Help distract you from the fixing it or too soon haha.

As long you get a usable hull, V6, gt whatever you could swap all your electronics in. Including gauge cluster etc.

Wouldn't think marrying the electronics to the car would be an issue, I've never done it so maybe I'm off base, but seems if you move everything the electronics really don't know the hull changed.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
As long you get a usable hull, V6, gt whatever you could swap all your electronics in. Including gauge cluster etc.

Wouldn't think marrying the electronics to the car would be an issue, I've never done it so maybe I'm off base, but seems if you move everything the electronics really don't know the hull changed.
Uncharted territory for me too. Gotta be a big job swapping everything? I know the VIN#s would be different, not sure about other issues if mixing anything

Uncharted territory for me too. Gotta be a big job swapping everything? I know the VIN#s would be different, not sure about other issues if mixing anything

It would probably be time consuming, but not "hard". I figure you would have to tear the entire car apart (interior etc) change all harnesses and modules.

In all honesty though you would probably be doing most of that anyways getting your parts on the new hull.

Very labor intensive for sure though.

Ive got a Sn 95 race car for sale that has a roll cage, SLA front end,Alcons, fire system, fuel safe fuel cell with return fuel system , Griggs Gr 40 coil overs . Your motor bolts into it. You can run a Ford racing control pack and it will be four wires to get it running. If your interested PM me. Located in Phx,Az area.
Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors