The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The EBC Brakes Giveaway Returns! Oct'22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Denver
I would take the movie car Christine and repaint it Orange and Black. Of course it probably would need a little more oomph to move that pig around the track so I'd put the current 5.2 GT500 engine in her and of course swap some big brakes with EBC pads in. I'd play scary music as I drove around the track! Those fins would stabilize her nicely on the straights, lol!

1666216159403.png

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
I would take the movie car Christine and repaint it Orange and Black. Of course it probably would need a little more oomph to move that pig around the track so I'd put the current 5.2 GT500 engine in her and of course swap some big brakes with EBC pads in. I'd play scary music as I drove around the track! Those fins would stabilize her nicely on the straights, lol!

View attachment 80381
Some nice sport shocks and suspension that would look quite exciting flying around with a GT500 engine!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Quick note on the EBC SR11s ( front and back ), they have stood up extremely well hauling down the Fat Lady Mach 1, and considering she hits the scales over 4000 lbs with a full tank of fuel and me inside, pads have a lot of blubber to slow down.

They have held up super well , will definitely make it through 1-3 more weekends and so far I have never had any brake fade at all. They do get hot, but I will likely install Titanium shields next year, and the extremely strong initial bite has lessened with usage --- though it is still strong. I have been on other pads for many years and am quite impressed with the new offerings from EBC and I may try the RP-1 pads next year. Wondering if just a bit less bite may help at tracks where trail braking is very necessary, though where I run now the SR11s are very, very solid!

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Quick note on the EBC SR11s ( front and back ), they have stood up extremely well hauling down the Fat Lady Mach 1, and considering she hits the scales over 4000 lbs with a full tank of fuel and me inside, pads have a lot of blubber to slow down.

They have held up super well , will definitely make it through 1-3 more weekends and so far I have never had any brake fade at all. They do get hot, but I will likely install Titanium shields next year, and the extremely strong initial bite has lessened with usage --- though it is still strong. I have been on other pads for many years and am quite impressed with the new offerings from EBC and I may try the RP-1 pads next year. Wondering if just a bit less bite may help at tracks where trail braking is very necessary, though where I run now the SR11s are very, very solid!
Thank you for sharing your feedback :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Any car build would not be complete without a Moonie.
I had one in my first car and came in handy often. I had also re-routed my windshield sprayers to shoot out the front grill at passers by. I was not wired right as a teenager. Nothing has changed.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Mine is a little pedestrian as its what I have wanted to do for ages. A Factory Five type 65 coupe with a thoroughly modern Coyote gen 3 AED built engine. A 8000 rpm 580 hp beast, all in a 2400lb car with killer looks and modern underpinnings.. What could possibly go wrong???

1666298008020.png

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Mine is a little pedestrian as its what I have wanted to do for ages. A Factory Five type 65 coupe with a thoroughly modern Coyote gen 3 AED built engine. A 8000 rpm 580 hp beast, all in a 2400lb car with killer looks and modern underpinnings.. What could possibly go wrong???

View attachment 80410
Gotta love them side exhausts 😍

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
its the simple things in life: a Superlite GT-R with a 8300rpm 5.2L coyote build. Might not be the most exotic of swaps, but try not to smile down a main straight in it.
Congratulations @captdistraction , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address. Thank you for participating, if you missed out don't worry, next month there will be another giveaway! Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount from the link in our bio

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Boston, MA
Well, My current pony is already a bit of a Frankenstein by most standards:
2005 4.0L convertible
X--Charger Xtreme supercharger
Tremec TR6060 six speed manual
SVT 8.8" rear axle with Detroit Truetrac and 4.30 gears.
Whiteline sways and Watts link
FRPP/Tokico shocks/struts/springs
MM caster/camber plates
GT500 front lower control arms
2015+ Brembo six pot brakes
headers, Corsa Exteme 2011+ mufflers
07-09 GT500 gauge cluster
GT500 front fascia
Saleen Heritage rockers/rear fascia
Cervinis Stalker deck spoiler

Future things I'd like to add to this patchwork pony:
Ford Australia Barra 4.0L inline six with turbo (planning/acquisition stage)
S550 Independent rear suspension (feasibility/research stage)
2011+ EPAS steering rack (parts acquisition stage)

FC7E6541-2526-44AE-BD0C-922565758E6B.jpeg

65003192-DDF7-4595-A4A2-8FB33AD17174.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel