The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Future of the Internal Combustion Engine - Inside Koenigsegg Free Valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is really cool. If you're not familiar with this the video will be worth spending 10 minutes to watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Bch5B23_pu0[/youtube]

That's really good to watch. I love that someone out there is thinking waaayy outside the box. They are basically saying "Why do need a silly camshaft?" Great idea, will be fun to watch them implement production-wise and see it start to spread. 30% better mileage, 30% more torque and power. Why not?

Sammykjr1 said:
That's really good to watch. I love that someone out there is thinking waaayy outside the box. They are basically saying "Why do need a silly camshaft?" Great idea, will be fun to watch them implement production-wise and see it start to spread. 30% better mileage, 30% more torque and power. Why not?
You forgot cam chains, tensioners, chains breaking through the block and so on and so on. :)

Toyota has been playing around with a solenoid actuated system for some time now. I believe they have a working model. No cam, no pushrods.
All computer controlled, so there are some interesting things happening. The ability to tailor valve timing for any RPM will really make for interesting power curves.

TMO Supporting Vendors