The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 The KonaBoss Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tymeslayer and TMS will be on here soon, complimenting you on the best color Boss ever made, but please don't let it go to your head, they tend to be extremely biased. Speaking of biases , glad to see you did the MGW short throw shift kit , that is an absolute must in my mind for the MT-82.

Get in some track time and maybe you can make it to the Mustang Roundup in October --- we get plenty of Ford Engineers to drive down from Dearborn , so you can make the drive too! www.racemph.com

Nice build and glad to see you are ready to rock and roll. You might check nasaproracing.com and then pull up the Great Lakes Region of NASA, as it is one of the best NASA groups in the US and they have an outstanding HPDE program with instruction.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tymeslayer and TMS will be on here soon, complimenting you on the best color Boss ever made, but please don't let it go to your head, they tend to be extremely biased.
No bias involved. We just know what looks good. LOL
Your mods list looks much like mine. I wish had done the clear bra with my Boss. Track rash is not a great look, even for a Kona Blue Boss.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I like your mod list.

Perhaps I missed it but I didn’t see mention of the driveshaft. If you’re still running the OEM 2 piece setup, I think you would like the Ford Performance I piece unit. It’s a most noticeable improvement on a hard launch provided you have eliminated the inherent Boss OEM axle/rear wheel hop condition.

Great looking Boss 302.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
See existing build thread for this car here:

Locking this thread since it's a duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors