The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Laguna has Landed ... at Home !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got home to beat the rain and most of the traffic. Here's the required quick pic. More later when I calm down. In a nutshell -- I LOVE IT !!!!!

IMG_2898.png

Thanks!

I can't say enough about the car - it's fantastic.

My favorite mechanic at the dealership made a personal sacrifice to PDI the car for me so that I could get it home tonight before many days of forecasted rain. If not today, it might have been next week

The very first thing I noticed was the throttle response. Geez it's ... IMMEDIATE ... Revs freely Clutch pedal travel is shorter than I was expecting. I will admit I missed a couple of shifts on the ride home. I know some of you guys already warned about this, but it will just take me a bit of experience to get used to the throws.

My drive home was both expressway and side roads. I was trying to miss the rain and rush hour traffic, while keeping in mind my relatively gentle break-in process. The steering seemed very responsive. Again, I'm not pushing it by any stretch, but it was changing lanes very briskly and nicely. I was wondering if the LS shocks were going to make for a rough ride. Not at all. I was just minding my own business when my wife made the comment, "you're enjoying this car, aren't you?". She said I was driving with a huge smile on my face.

I still have all the plastic everywhere, but the seats felt great. Can't comment on the alcantara steering wheel because it was covered in plastic.

This car is absolutely terrific. I haven't 'really' driven it yet, but I can definitely tell it's potential.

Then I remembered

This is without Trackey !!! I can't wait to get the TracKey and see how it goes beyond what I'm already experiencing.

come on Ford, hurry up!!!!!!

Y'all are gonna be ecstatic over your Boss!

Think the LS splitter will clear my driveway?

IMG_2897resized.png

IMG_2901resized.png

IMG_2915resized.png

It looks great Vince. Congratulations!

Vince ,
Thats wonderful you lucky bastard!!!!!
I think you are the 1st !
I look forward to hearing about the car !
Enjoy the ride!!!
Very best of luck to you.
Roketman

And thanks for posting the pics so fast...we can taste it! How much of the entire ride home do you actually remember? Adrenaline rush makes time disappear!

jimprw said:
And thanks for posting the pics so fast...we can taste it! How much of the entire ride home do you actually remember? Adrenaline rush makes time disappear!

I can't even remember my own name about now LOL!

DT

Vince said:
Just got home to beat the rain and most of the traffic. Here's the required quick pic. More later when I calm down. In a nutshell -- I LOVE IT !!!!!

IMG_2898.png

WOW! Beautiful!

You DOG!

Can't figure out how to post pictures - Village Photos does not work...?

DT

Vince said:

IMG_2898.png

Incredible. Did I spell that right?

My Orange looks as good but yours is the shiznit!

Go Baby!

Yep...1969 was the year I officially got the car bug. A junior high friend of mine's older brother had a new '69 Z28 with a 302. That was all she wrote....

Vince said:

IMG_2898.png
Vince that is an amazing looking car! Congrats man! Now get out and break it in :D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I don't know why, but it looks so much better sitting in someone's driveway than it did elsewhere. The black looks better than I previously thought. Congrats on getting it and I hope you enjoy it!

TMO Supporting Vendors